Emergency Medical Technologies - Part-time Adjunct Pool
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technologies (EMT) Instructor (KRV) - Part-time Adjunct Pool Position Number: 00549 Posting Date 08/15/2018 Closing Date Initial Screening Date Open Until Filled Yes Position Type: Part-Time Academic Rate:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula.
Work Week Flexible, as needed Minimum Salary: Maximum Salary: Benefits:
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for ACA health benefits.
College/Site: Cerro Coso College Location CC-Kern River Valley, Lake Isabella Basic Function
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time adjunct positions for the 2018-19 and/or 2019-20 academic years.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of Emergency Medical Technologies courses.
This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: participation in student recruitment and articulation of transfer programs for the Public Services department; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience
Any bachelor's degree AND two years work experience;
OR - Any associate's degree AND six years work experience;
OR - Possession of a valid credential which authorizes full-time teaching of Emergency Medical Technology at the California Community College level;
OR - The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
* A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge and Abilities:
* Commitment to student learning.
* Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
* Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
* Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students.
Salary Grade Special Instructions to Applicants
Completed application packet must include:
* Completed Online Application for Employment form
* Current resume
* Copy of legible transcripts
* List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.