Child Development Center Assistant, Substitute and Short-term Temporary Hourly Pool, as needed
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Child Development Center Assistant, Substitute and Short-term Temporary Hourly Pool, as needed Position Number: 00883 Posting Date 01/17/2017 Closing Date Initial Screening Date Open Until Filled Yes Position Type: Short-term Temporary Hourly Rate:
$10.20 per hour
Work Week As needed Minimum Salary: Maximum Salary: Benefits:
This position is not eligible for benefits.
College/Site: Bakersfield College Location BC-Main Campus Basic Function
This is for an applicant pool that will be used to staff short-term temporary hourly positions.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide assistance to the teaching staff in the supervision and instruction of preschool children and infants; provide services relating to child care, food service, and housekeeping.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by six semester units of course work in early childhood education or a related field and six months of experience working with children in an organized setting. Possession of, or eligibility to obtain and retain, a Child Development Assistant Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
* Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid First Aid Certificate issued by an authorized agency.
* Satisfactory completion of pre-employment physical assessment.
* Satisfactory completion of pre-employment drug testing.
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview. Knowledge and Abilities KNOWLEDGE OF:
* Requirements of maintaining a children's center in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
* Current best practices for inclusive early childhood education settings.
* Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
* Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
* Health and safety regulations.
* Principles and practices of personal hygiene.
* Sanitation practices related to handling and serving food.
* Basic First Aid techniques.
* Monitor the behavior of young children and oversee activities.
* Maintain a children's center in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
* Apply basic principles and practices of nutrition.
* Administer basic First Aid.
* Understand and follow oral and written directions.
* Prepare and serve food in accordance with health and safety regulations.
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
* Observe health and safety regulations.
Salary Grade 27.0 Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
* Completed Online Application for Employment form
* Current resume
* Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
* List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.#06022021