Senior Manager Claims Product
Employment Type: Full-Time
Birmingham AL, Cerritos CA, Chicago IL, Houston TX, Jacksonville FL, Phoenix AZ
Kemper is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper's products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Responsible for working across the P&C Claims organization to help identify and support key strategic claims initiatives. Projects will require working with colleagues, field and desk leaders as well as outside vendors in the development, planning and tracking of programs and projects to understand cost and benefit to the organization of workflows and improvements. This will require an understanding of the business to identify and evaluate opportunities consistent with the goals and strategic initiatives of the Claims organization.
* Emerging understanding of the P&C Claims business in order to deliver key claim projects with metrics.
* Lead and support the execution of the claims process improvement program, including the coordination and participation in Best Practice creation, monthly metric analysis, ad-hoc reviews, and other audits / diagnostics as needed.
* Coordinate pilot initiatives and vendor relationships to understand and create Cost/Benefit Analysis of innovation options.
* Work with Claims Management to develop improvement plans and controls for tracking improvement or deterioration resulting from the metric analysis and or workflows.
* Develop strong collaborative working relationships with partner offices to ensure action plans are agreed upon and properly implemented and fully understand jurisdictional differences impacting results. Lead periodic reviews and updates to Best Practices, Playbooks, Scripts and supporting workflows through diagnostics and collaboration with the field teams.
* Maintain Position Definitions and supporting behavioral and results metrics by position to support best in class claims execution and operational cost containment.
* Vision Casting for the claims organization and leadership on strategic goals and business initiatives.
* Ability to maintain confidential and trust-based relationships within the organization while elevating issues and concerns appropriately.
* A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
* A minimum of 3-5 years claims and/or operations/program management experience.
* Strong business acumen, collaboration skills and influencing skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to successfully work across all levels of the organization, including interacting with peers
* Must be able to manage competing priorities
* Some data analytics background
* Ability to synthesize large quantities of data
* Attainment of the IIA Associate in Claim designation or the equivalent in related studies or work experience
* Superior oral and written communication skills.
* Proven organization and analytical skills.
* Strong Microsoft skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows is required.
* Proven experience effectively managing multiple tasks and changing priorities in a complex business environment.
* Leads through strong interpersonal & organizational skills.
* Goal oriented with strong attention to detail.
* High ability to understand and make observations on market implications of business strategies
* Creative problem-solver with extremely strong quantitative skills that can spot patterns, trends, and opportunities in data
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination. Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.