Employment Type: Full-Time
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about 'good' and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
This Warehouse Slotting Analyst position works to maximize production efficiency through effective item placement, warehouse analysis, and maintaining system related logic that affects production work.
* Placement of new items in the warehouse.
* Perform routine daily maintenance moves as suggested by production workers, as well as those discovered through observation or analysis.
* Create range group slotting maintenance layouts using best applied and available business rules.
* Ensure that all active items have a forward pick location assignment or dynamic location assignment.
* Use item forecast information to assist shipping department and receiving department.
* Analyze aisle movements and make necessary adjustments to enhance productivity & capacity.
* Balance efficiencies between shipping and receiving to maximize overall capacity & efficiency.
* Create layout/environment that minimizes damages.
* Maintain Optimization Module System Data Integrity.
* Maintain slotting related system logic and suggest modifications as necessary.
* Maintain Optimization Module TEST Environment Data Integrity.
* Monitor and manage exception reports.
* Maintain ERP System Data Integrity.
* Maintain WMIS System Data Integrity.
* Maintain Slot Master information.
* Perform location audits.
* Conduct Haves/Needs Analysis.
* Physically reconfigure rack types.
* Consistently maintain all location labels.
* Consistently maintain locked locations.
* Manage and communicate physical location repair issues.
* Maintain facility rack type layout.
* Maintain rack type drawings.
* Maintain Item Master information.
* Serve as liaison between warehouse and purchasing to assist with dimensional and weight issues, as well as description related issues.
* Maintain WBP practices, flammability considerations, commodity grouping, and special customer requirements.
* Operates material handling equipment.
* Assisting other departments as needed.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); a minimum of six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. knowledge of the WMiS system and TOLAS Inventory software as well as proficient experience in Microsoft Word and Excel programs preferred. Familiarity with RF scan equipment preferred.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions; ability to write simple correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees in the organization.
* Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Operate all Material Handling Equipment according to OSHA and company guidelines.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
* and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
* Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
* Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Displays willingness to make decisions.
* Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality; must adhere to Company, departmental and collective bargaining unit policies, procedures and/or agreements.
* Meets productivity expectations; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
* Is consistently at work and on time; Work overtime as required.
* Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person when unable to.
* Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to kneel; crawl; frequently required to sit; walk; stand; squat; bend and twist at neck and waist; talk and/or hear; climb and/or balance; repetitive use of hands, simple and power grasp, fine manipulation, push and pull of both right and left hands; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds up to 8 feet in height and 6 feet in distance; ability to adjust visual focus on small print; occasionally required to reach above and below shoulder level; lift and/or move up to 51 or more pounds up to 8 feet in height and 6 feet in distance. The employee frequently is in operation of foot controls and/or utilizes repetitive foot movements. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to Material Handling Equipment (MHE). The employee frequently must walk on uneven ground. The noise in the work environment is moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold between 40 degrees and minus 10 degrees Fahrenheit. The employee must frequently work in high precarious places.