Swing Shift Carousel Merge - 12:00pm Start time
Employment Type: Full-Time
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about 'good' and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
Ensures the customer's product order is accurately picked, packed, audited, and merged properly to minimize error and damage caused from shipment.
Shift: 12:00pm (Noon)- 8:00pm
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS ( Paid out after 30 days)
* Scan ULL to record picking/packing data.
* Pack items in tote or box as marked.
* Pick product from picking/packing data.
* Ensure that items are properly packed: glass items wrapped properly, no heavy items on crushable items, tape on caps of liquids.
* Ensure that designated items are properly placed in plastic bags when necessary.
* Ensure that all required paperwork is completed: packing slips placed in totes/boxes, customer label properly affixed top tote/box, packer number placed in designated area of picking slips, and placement of ULL on side of tote.
* Merge totes on proper pallet for load preparation.
* Maintain established Carousel merge processes and Company quality standards.
* Maintain a work area that is clean and re-stocked with necessary items for the following shift.
* Other duties and special projects as requested.
* Must maintain good attendance and safe work practices.
* Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
* A minimum of one (1) year of previous experience in a distribution center or warehouse atmosphere, including, stocking, pulling orders, packing, auditing, merging and shipping preferred.
* Previous experience operating powered industrial equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jacks, stock pickers, etc.) preferred.
* RF Scanner experience preferred.
* Ability to communicate well with internal customers and management.
* Ability to follow safe working practices, as instructed.
* Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to cooler and freezer temperatures. The associate is required to frequently sit, stand, walk, and climb. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a warehouse environment where temperatures can vary from very cool to very warm. The associate is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise levels in the work environment are typically low to moderate.