Human Resource Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about 'good' and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
Come join KeHE as a Human Resource Manager. KeHE has an immediate opportunity for a Strategic HR Business Partner to join a talented and high performing HR function. This position is located at our Stockton, CA Distribution Center. The primary responsibility of the Human Resources Manager is to partner with DC leadership to support business priorities related to people and culture as well as ensure our employees are engaged, productive and cared for.
We are seeking an experienced HR professional who is able to effectively influence, lead and execute across multiple facets of HR to include recruitment, engagement and retention, coaching and counseling, employee relations, policy and procedure administration and HR compliance. Experience supporting both hourly associates and salaried professionals and ability to manage in a fast-paced, growing, and dynamic warehouse environment is a must. This position will have 2 direct reports, will work closely with local recruiting, and partner with HR corporate functions for support on KeHE processes, policies and procedures in order to foster an environment consistent with our Culture, Mission, and Values. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Human Resources for our West Region.
* High level of focus on staffing and retention of hourly associates, work closely with recruitment and hiring managers to continually fine tune the process and improve quality of hires
* Oversee new hire offer process and orientation, partner with Trainers and Managers on retention strategy for new hires in first 90 days of employment with KeHE
* Oversee HR processes, policies and procedures and align with local management to adapt practices as necessary to best support the unique challenges of the location while ensuring adherence to KeHE standards
* Role model behaviors that are congruent to KeHE's culture, act as a coach to local management, influence collaboration with DC leaders to make decisions that balance the best interest of employees and the business
* Provide courageous people perspective on business issues, even when unpopular ensuring adherence to KeHE core values and putting people before problems
* Manage employee relations matters, conduct internal workplace investigations as needed, present facts and recommendations to DC and/or HR leadership for alignment on proper resolution
* Lead local HR team and ensure all day-to-day HR administration is executed in an accurate and timely matter and in-line with HR compliance standards
* Collaborate with safety, risk and local management to ensure adherence to safety prevention measure as well administration of post incident procedures and workers compensation administration
* Under the guidance of Sr. HR Director, work with the legal department to respond to EEOC claims and other employment related legal matters as they arise
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
* Minimum 8-10 years HR Generalist experience
* Minimum 3-5 years HR Manager experience with at least 1 direct report
* Distribution and/or Manufacturing human resources experience
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field
* PHR/SPHR preferred.
* Proven ability to interact with and influence across hourly associates and leadership
* Ability to work comfortably and successfully under pressure and handle multiple highly sensitive issues and competing priorities
* Must be willing to travel occasionally and work occasional nights and/or weekends to support business needs and periodically engage with 2nd and 3rd shift employees
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
* Contribute and support to the overall goals of the business and HR function
* Capability of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints
* Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve emotional and complex problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
* Able to work effectively with employees, peers, DC and region leaders as well as corporate HR support functions, and the local operations team in a productive collaborative environment coupled with the ability to be decisive is needed
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions