R&D Manager Tax Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tax Manager Research & Development Tax Credit
The Tax Manager in the Strategic Federal Tax Services Research & Development Tax Credit group supervises R&D projects, researches tax issues, assists in conducting fieldwork, and participates in sales and marketing efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Managers have the primary responsibility to ensure that R&D projects are conducted in accordance with firm standards and completed on time with on budget.
* The ability to train and develop staff is required along with prior supervisory experience.
* Candidates must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
* Managers will be expected to assist in conducting fieldwork. This may include visiting the client location, touring client facilities, investigating relevant facts, analyzing accounting information, preparing cost lead schedules and cost summary schedules, completing appropriate tax computations, and preparing written reports summarizing the findings.
* Managers are expected to have a command of federal and some state R&D rules and relevant court cases.
* Managers will be required to 'multi-task' and manage various project tasks at once. Project managers will be ultimately responsible for the overall project and deliverable.
Required Skills and Experience:
* A minimum of (5) years of experience in Accounting or Tax in public accounting or consulting. Intermediate understanding of tax return mechanics.
* Candidate must demonstrate ability to manage time, multi-task, and meet deadlines.