HVAC Trainee 3
Employment Type: Full-Time
Katerra Construction has an exciting Tier 3 Trainee position open to applicants that are interested in continuing their construction career in the HVAC trade. You must be eligible to become a state registered trainee, be at least 18 years of age, have a High School/GED/Equivalent education, basic math and Algebra skills, pass a drug screen and have a state issued driver's license and have completed 270 hours of vocational training. You have a deep understanding of construction principals and job site safety with 3,800 hours of hands-on experience in carpentry or as a construction laborer. Skills include assisting in the fabrication and installation of minor sheet metal and ducting systems, installation of mini-split units and drain lines. This is a semi-skilled position, for a HVAC Trainee program participant that would include employer provided vocational instruction and on the job training while earning a great wage.
* Comfortable with basic hand and pneumatic tools.
* Must be comfortable working at heights and off of ladders.
* Must be on time and be able to work a minimum of 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week.
* Willing to work in a safety compliant environment that requires PPE.
* Able to regularly lift 50 lbs.
* Work will be on an active construction site that can have temperature extremes.
* Comfortable working around heavy construction equipment.
* Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
* Completed two years of classroom training in an approved HVAC program.
* Enrolled in a Qualified HVAC Trainee Program or is eligible for reinstatement.