Business Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
WE GO BEYOND THE OBVIOUS, USING INTELLIGENCE, PASSION AND CREATIVITY TO INSPIRE NEW THINKING AND SHAPE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN. TO START A CAREER THAT IS OUT OF THE ORDINARY,
Kantar's Worldpanel division is the world's leading syndicated consumer panel company. Worldpanel specializes in providing actionable insights into consumer purchasing and usage habits on a local and global scale in Beverages and Personal Care.
We have an exciting role for an individual with a real desire to make a difference in a team with huge growth potential. You will be responsible for driving new opportunities and generating revenue in a short space of time. You will be responsible for the sales and marketing of Worldpanel, focusing in on the ways our specialist data can help answer client questions to help them achieve growth. You will be working with an existing prospect list including some of the biggest brands in America, as well as seeking new targets. The role will include a diverse mix of Personal Care and Beverage clients and a requirement to develop relationships across other Kantar divisions.
You will be joining a new and growing Business Development team, so there is a huge opportunity to shape the position yourself and become a critical player in the future success of the business. This role will offer you the opportunity to be involved in a diverse range of research areas beyond the core panel offering, providing a great springboard to make a name for yourself within the Kantar business.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribution to New Business Team Target through individual target performance
- Take ownership of 'own business', developing and maintaining own prospect pipeline
- Manage the commercial process from initial inquiry through to final negotiation
- Manage client relationships and proactively build networks
- Lead meetings and ask probing questions to get to the core of client issues
- Be an expert in the Worldpanel data capabilities to build solution-led proposals
- Work closely with delivery team to co-ordinate delivery of purchased services to the client
In a typical week in the role, you will be expected to:
- Manage the sale from initial contact through to project delivery
- Source new clients to prospect
- Manage pipeline and prospect list
- Work with delivery team for data solutions to inspire new prospects and client conversations
- Send focused interest emails to prospective clients and follow up by telephone
- Book and attend 2 to 3 meetings with prospective clients
- Liaise with the team to write benefit-driven proposals to address client needs