Staff Charge Nurse II
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a leader of the health care team, directs shift-to-shift and/or departmental operations and provides professional nursing care, including utilizing the nursing process in accordance with established standards of care, policies, and procedures. Participates in effective resource allocation by assuring appropriate patient assignments, staffing, and scheduling. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats coworkers, patients, families, and al members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
* The Charge Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting the following skills, competencies, and behaviors:
* Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where appropriate to do so.
* Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
* Establishes patient care priorities based on essential patient needs and availability of unit resources (time, personnel, equipment, and supplies).
* Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet them.
* Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
* Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
* Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
* Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
* Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution.
* Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
* Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel.
* Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities.
* Identifies and solves problems effectively.
* Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
* Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying information.
* Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local laws.
* Provides professional leadership and direction of department personnel in order to maintain efficient delivery of effective patient care.
* Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude.
* Champions new ideas.
* Leads and directs others through the change process.
* Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific operations and patient care activities.
* Shares responsibility and authority with subordinates and holds them accountable for performance.
* Demonstrates ability to identify and resolve problems in collaboration with work team and with other departments.
* Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
* Customer Service
* Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
* Assists members who are less than satisfied with their experience by listening and taking responsibility within their scope to ensure that the issue is resolved.
* Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customers ability to utilize resources.
* Maintains and protects patient confidentiality.
* Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
* Supervisory Responsibilities
* The incumbent motivates and provides clinical direction to other employees, but does not have the authority to hire, fire, discipline, nor effective input into such.
* Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient populations.
* Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
* Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
* Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
* Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
* If practicing in a specialty/extended role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
At least two (2) years practicing as a Registered Nurse
2 years acute care experience. 6 months recent (within the last 3 years) experience in an ambulatory care setting.
* High School Diploma/GED
* Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered nursing program and either 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation.
License, Certification, Registration
* Registered Nurse License (California)
* Basic Life Support
* Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice
* Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers)
* Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in English)
* Good interpersonal skills
* Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement
* Leadership experience preferred.
Primary Location: California,Santa Rosa,Santa Rosa Hospital Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1 Shift: Day Working Hours Start: 8:30 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A10|NNU|California Nurse's Association Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Santa Rosa Hospital - Adult Primary Care-Unit L - 0206 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See Additional Requirements >
Share This Job