RN, Labor and Delivery
Employment Type: Part-Time
The Registered Nurse (RN) II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. The RN II provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members.
* Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
* Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where appropriate to do so.
* Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
* Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
* Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet them.
* Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
* Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient populations.
* Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
* Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
* Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.
* Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members.
* Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution.
* Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
* Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel.
* Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
* Participates in unit and Department Performance Improvement activities as directed.
* Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
* Identifies and solves problems effectively.
* Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
* Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
* Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying information. Ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical record system application.
* Perform other related duties as necessary.
* Formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
* Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures.
* Demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care of a designated patient population.
* Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and Department of Nursing personnel.
* Documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, accurate, and concise manner.
* If no qualified candidate, may be willing to train in the specialty areas listed below. Candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate certifications within 6 months of hire or transfer into unit.
Minimum of 6 months experience. One year recent experience (within the last 3 years) in L&D . Successful completion of advanced fetal monitoring course preferred within the last 2 years.
* High School Diploma/GED
* Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered nursing program and either: 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation
* or (3) currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support
* Registered Nurse License (California)
* Basic Life Support
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program
* Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice
* Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers)
* Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in English)
* Good interpersonal skills
* Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
* Current ACLS certification may be required in some units. Successful completion of a Fetal Monitoring Interpretation Competency within the first three months of hire may be required. May be expected to cross train to at least 1 other Maternal Child Health/Family Centered Care area with appropriate certifications. Must complete circulating and recovery competencies as required. Willingness to scrub may be required.
* Completion of AWHONN L&D course preferred.
Primary Location: California,Modesto,Modesto Medical Center Scheduled Weekly Hours: 32 Shift: Night Workdays: Wk1: Sun, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat Wk2: Tue, Wed, Thu Working Hours Start: 11:00 PM Working Hours End: 07:30 AM Job Schedule: Part-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A10|NNU|California Nurse's Association Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Modesto Hospital - Labor & Delivery-General - 0201 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job