Employment Type: Full-Time
Under indirect supervision, monitors and/or manages the medication therapy of specific hospitalized or ambulatory patients as assigned. Performs other duties as required.
* Under indirect supervision, monitors and/or manages the medication therapy of specific hospitalized or ambulatory patients as assigned
* Interviews patients to obtain information regarding medication use, medication allergies and sensitivities
* Advises patients of directions for use, medication, storage requirements, importance or compliance, precautions and warning for medication therapy
* Provides medical personnel with medication information drug therapy options, and pharmacokinetic dosing advice
* Dispenses, compounds, procures, stores and distributes pharmacy products
* Verifies accuracy of medication preparation and dispensing by pharmacy personnel
* Participates in assigned education and training programs
* Provides direction to Pharmacists Residents, Pharmacist Interns, Pharmacy Technicians, and other non-licensed personnel
* Performs other duties as required
* Current CA Registered Pharmacist License
* B.S. in Pharmacy req'd, Pharm.D. preferred
* American Heart Association approved Basic Life Support (BLS) care required for existing incumbents by 12/31/2010. Current BLS card required for new hires 12/20/2009.
* Must be able to obtain an NPI# within one month in position
* Comprehensive knowledge of current pharmacological/biopharmaceutical principles, medical terminology, pathologies, disease states, and related information for medical management plan
* Aseptic technique and preparation of sterile IV products and chemotherapeutic agents
* Emergency medication/drug monitoring
* Federal and State laws and regulations regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services
* Extract pertinent information from patient/other sources for the patient's medical management plan
* Must have the ability to teach and be able to evaluate the effectiveness of the teaching
* Possess excellent verbal/written communication skills
* Operate pharmacy computer system(s) and other equipment
* Read fine print
* Lift or transport 1-50 lbs
* Frequent bending/reaching/stooping
* Must be able to generate prescription labels
* MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK
* Must be able to work in Labor/Management Partnership environment
Primary Location: California,San Rafael,San Rafael Medical Offices 1 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 8 Shift: Day Workdays: CONTRACT COMPLIANT: Sunday - Saturday, shift may include working weekends, evenings & nights. Start/End Time should be Variable. Working Hours Start: 12:00 AM Working Hours End: 12:01 AM Job Schedule: Short Hour Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A14|GFPP|Guild for Prof. Pharmacists Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: Inpatient Pharmacist Department: San Rafael Hospital - Inpatient Pharmacy-1 - 0201 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job