Infusion Center Staff RN V-Clinic
Employment Type: Full-Time
Functions as a Lead of the healthcare team, coordinates departmental operations that ensure quality patient care in a safe, healing environment that is patient & family centered. Demonstrates responsibility & accountability for own professional practice. Has appropriate clinical skills to be an expert resource. Is available & supportive to employees & understands priorities/needs of the department. Is a staff role model for professional nursing practice. May recommend to management in efficient resource allocation by assuring appropriate patient assignments, staffing, & scheduling. Demonstrates performance consistent w/ the strategic plan of the organization & the KP nursing mission & values.
* The Senior Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting the following skills, competencies, & behaviors:
* Leadership: Directs, reviews, assigns & organizes the work of at least three (3) or more employees, of which at least one (1) must be another Registered Nurse OR if the Registered Nurse is the only Registered Nurse assigned to the medical office OR a Registered Nurse in a department where the supervisor is not a Registered Nurse to ensure completion of patient care/department activities. Applies the KP Nursing mission, vision, values & behaviors in daily practice. Understands needs & sets priorities for the department. Provides professional leadership & direction of department personnel in order to maintain efficient delivery of effective patient care. Coordinates departmental operations & delegates tasks appropriately. Is an excellent staff role model for professional nursing practice (e.g. RN/MD Collaborating for Outcomes, Just Culture, Quality, Service, Safety). Facilitates interprofessional/interdisciplinary communication & collaboration. Supports & enhances the leadership skills of the staff RNs, LVNs & MAs. Upholds compliance w/ Kaiser Permanente's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, applicable state & federal laws & regulations, & accreditation & licensure requirements. Champions new ideas; Actively collaborates w/ others through the change process. Acts as a resource, preceptor & mentor to new employees, registry, students, & other team members in department specific operations & patient care activities. Collaborates w/ or refers to manager/clinical nurse specialist any outstanding issues or concerns on the unit. Demonstrates ability to identify & resolve problems in collaboration w/ work team & w/ other departments. Ensures compliance w/ regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, & standards of practice. Upholds the Standards of the California Nurse Practice Act, the AAACN Standards of Practice & the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
* Nursing Process: Serves as a resource for clinical concerns, scope of practice & applicable state & federal regulations as well as operational concerns of providers & staff. Possesses exp & skills to be a resource for providers, RNs, LVNs, MAs & clerical support staff. Demonstrates flexibility in work schedule to meet the department demands of the day; facilitates & relieves staff breaks. Actively involved in assigning, orienting, precepting & coaching staff as needed. Encourages completion & distribution of After Visit Summary (AVS) plan including barriers & patient/family education.
* Documentation: Conducts audits & ensures that documentation reflects thorough assessments, incorporates physical & psychosocial findings, diagnostic tests, learning needs, barriers, multidisciplinary education plans & age appropriate care.
* Clinical Outcomes: Participates/leads various aspects of department operations (staff competencies, department committees, Unit Based Teams (UBT), new projects, quality efforts, Clinical Strategic Goal (CSG) activities & educational programs). Demonstrates knowledge of patients' specific conditions commonly seen in the department & care req'd. Interfaces w/ the Chief & DA/Manager regarding performance, as necessary. Actively participates, champions & motivates other staff in quality improvement in patient care, workflow, & improvement in clinical initiatives & working conditions of the department. Coordinates paramedic & emergency medical management of 911 & ACLS transport. Provides input on employees' performance evaluations through daily observation & monitoring of performance. Performs medication verification for MAs & assists/performs audits.
* Workplace Safety: Adjusts/Identifies staffing needs of the department, in coordination w/ department manager, to assure quality patient care, patient & staff safety, efficiency, productivity & working conditions of providers & staff. Actively models LMP Workplace Safety principles & practices.
* Patient Care Experience/Customer Service: Acts as a role model for staff by providing a patient care exp that exceeds members' expectations. Ensures timely & appropriate management of patients. Coordinates smooth transition for patients across the care continuum.
* Team Commitment: Ensures support of the collaborative Labor-Management Partnership environment through unit based teams (UBTs). Identifies & supports staff professional/clinical development needs (i.e. certification, presentations, reward/recognition). Motivates staff to attain their fullest potential in improving performance, attendance, access, service & quality outcomes. Lead/facilitate daily multidisciplinary huddles. Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively & seeks appropriate assistance.
* Fiscal Responsibility: Participates in resource allocation (assignments, scheduling, staffing, equipment/supplies management). Collaborates & assists w/ the Department Physician in Charge (PIC) or Chief of Service, DA, ADAs & Supervisors in staffing, workflow & throughput to promote quality patient care, patient & staff safety, efficiency, productivity & working conditions of providers & staff.
* Message Management: Monitor in-basket management to ensure timely completion of messages. Ensures use of nurse advice protocols for medical problem, same day & symptom-based messages. Ensures patient call back messages are responded to in a timely manner. Assists or ensures completion of in basket messages in collaboration w/ Providers & other staff i.e. in basket support staff, module LVN & Medical Assistants.
* Professional Development: Takes responsibility for professional growth & development. Attends Charge Nurse Educational programs.
* Current CA RN license.
* BLS certification.
* One (1) year recent (within the last 3 years) full-time equivalent experience in acute care, ambulatory care or home health/palliative/hospice care.
* PICC didactic course and recent (within the past 3 years).
* PICC insertion experience required.
* Current ONS Provider Card required.
* ONS/ONC Chemotherapy experience.
* Recent Chemotherapy experience.
* PICC Line Care and Removal experience.
Primary Location: California,Anaheim,Kraemer II Medical Offices Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 07:30 AM Working Hours End: 04:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B13|AFSCME|UNAC Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Anaheim Kraemer Med Office 2 - Ambulatory Infusion Center - 0806 Travel: No
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job