Histologic Technician II
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under the general direction of the Pathologist or Laboratory Manager, performs immunohistochemical stains and all other special procedures as required. Cuts, embebs, and stains histology specimens.
* Performs tasks related to fixation and processing of specimens.
* Cuts, prepares, and stains slides from histology specimens.
* Correctly prepares special stains, immunohistochemistry stains and solutions.
* Performs Quality Control on all stained slides.
* Orders reagents, antibodies, and tool parts to ensure adequate supplies for the work.
* May train new employees and students as assigned.
* Operates and Evaluates equipment and reagent systems. Maintains equipment with documentation and reports repairs to manager.
* Also maintains logbooks, Block and slide files.
* Keeps abreast with company's current policies and immunohistochemistry technical updates.
* Writes and updates evaluation reports as well as procedures using the NCCLS format.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
* Minimum (12) twelve months of experience as histologic technician or completion of the 12 month Histology training.
* Associate's degree in science.
License, Certification, Registration
* Certified as a Histologic Technician or Histologic Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or the equivalent society, as approved by the Chief of Pathology.
* Must demonstrate aptitude for work as Histologic Technician to the Chief of Pathology's satisfaction.
* Demonstrated ability to perform all special stains, immunohistochemical stains used in the routine practice of pathology.
* Demonstrated ability to perform histochemical stains and all other special procedures as required by the Chief of Pathology including knowledge of the biochemical nature of reaction.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Previous experience with lab information systems
* Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
Primary Location: California,Berkeley,Berkeley Regional Lab - 1725 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Night Workdays: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat Working Hours Start: 03:00 AM Working Hours End: 11:30 AM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A01|SEIU|United Healthworkers Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Berkeley Regional Lab - 1701 - Pathology/Lab-Histology - 0206 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job