Diagnostic Imaging Tech MRI-Per Diem
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under general supervision & utilizing Magnetic Resonance Imaging equipment, produces diagnostic quality cross-sectional images of the human anatomy & vasculature for diagnostic and/or therapeutic purposes. Performs MR imaging protocols & operates hardware & technical parameters in order to maximize MR image quality & acquire images that can be utilized by physicians in order to diagnose diseases. Provide functional direction to assigned staff.
* Explains procedures to patients to reduce anxieties & obtain patient cooperation.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional & chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served.
* Identifies the impact of cultural diversity & lifestyle choices on patient condition & makes accommodations for such differences.
* Utilizes proper body mechanics.
* Documents clinical activities in a timely, comprehensive, & accurate manner.
* Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area & Diagnostic Imaging Department policies & procedures.
* Maintains standards of professional behavior established to enhance quality of service. Utilizes effective communication skills.
* Demonstrates behavior that meets established standards for professionalism in all interactions with patients & staff.
* Maintains equipment, supplies & work area in accordance with department guidelines.
* Provides training & orientation to new MRI technologists & training of MRI technologists.
* Assists other technologists as needed.
* Performs MRI studies according to established imaging protocols including but not limited to placing specified coil close to the area of interest.
* Explains to patients the magnetic resonance imaging procedures, address patient concerns, and, exhibits high degree of tact, courtesy & poise when interacting with patients, staff & visitors.
* Ensures patient & staff safety which includes explaining safety protocol, requesting removal of hazardous metal objects, and, alerting staff the danger of carrying metal around magnet.
* Performs all routine aspects of MRI procedures, including but not limited to QC, start-up procedures, signal-to-noise test scans, program/sequence selection, contrast injection, & image processing.
* Operates various x-ray & imaging control consoles, portable units, tube assemblies, lock systems, collimators, filters & tubes in order to perform diagnostic radiographic procedures & exams including- but not limited to -gastro-intestinal exams, plain radiography in areas such as operating room, urology & emergency department urology & emergency department.
* Operates auxiliary imaging equipment such as - but not limited to - tomographic units, Buckies, image intensifiers, spot film devices, video monitors, CR equipment, digital imaging, C-arms & portable units.
* Prepares & administers the appropriate oral, intestinal & I.V. contrast media or as appropriate, assists the radiologist with I.V. Contrast administration.
* Ensures that correct & required patient identification information & left or right marker appears on all images.
* Centers tube & film to area of interest.
* Utilizes appropriate photo-timing, mill-amperes (MA), kilovoltage (KVP), seconds, distance, collimation, intensifying screens, film speed & grids in order to produce diagnostic quality images which demonstrate the area(s) of interest & exhibit acceptable contrast, density & detail.
* Explains the exam/procedure to the patient in order to solicit cooperation & obtain patient understanding.
* Assesses the patient's history & overall condition & makes the necessary modifications in technique and/or positioning to compensate for pathology or other considerations.
* This job description is not all encompassing.
Pay Grade: 26
* Minimum three (3) years of experience within the last twelve (12) months in radiologic technology, including one (1) year of recent experience in magnetic resonance imaging.
* May substitute one (1) year MRI experience with successful completion of the department's formal MRI training program.
* Graduation from a JRCERT approved school of Radiologic Technology.
License, Certification, Registration
* Possess current and valid Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) certificate, and, Fluoroscopy Permit issued by the State of California Department of Public Health.
* BLS and certificate in venipuncture.
* Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Registered Radiologic Technologist (Radiography).
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to utilize the theories, principles, practices and techniques of radiologic technology.
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and utilize the principles, theories, practices, and techniques of basic and advanced magnetic resonance imaging including clinical exams, physics, MRI safety, cross-sectional anatomy, and patient care.
* Three (3) years of clinical experience as an MRI technologist in an acute care medical center, preferred.
* Computed Tomography experience, preferred.
* Advanced Certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging issued by the ARRT (MR), preferred.
* Per diem evening, start time may vary within the shift.
* Must provide minimum availability per contract.
* Maybe required to work at other OC facility.
Primary Location: California,Anaheim,Orange Co Anaheim Medical Center Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1 Shift: Evening Working Hours Start: 02:00 PM Working Hours End: 05:00 AM Job Schedule: Per Diem Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B01|SEIU|Local 399 Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: OC Anaheim Medical Center - MRI-Day - 0806 Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job