Assistant Medical Group Administrator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Assists the Medical Group Administrator and the physician leadership team in aligning and mobilizing people and activities to achieve TPMG strategy of Total Performance to include operational excellence, joy and meaning in work, and exceptional care experience. In the absence of the MGA, may assume the MGA role and oversee day-to-day operations, including rounds throughout the facility.
Assists the medical center leadership team in ensuring the execution of Northern California's strategy in the areas of quality, service, people, efficiency, reputation, and growth.
Acts as an administrative liaison and resource for department heads, managers, chiefs of service, and assistant physicians-in-chief to achieve performance excellence.
Supports the MGA in working with the chiefs of service and department managers in setting and achieving each department's respective operational accountabilities, including quality, finance, access, service, and integration across the medical center. Accountabilities will entail both direct line management and project management responsibilities. May have specific administrative oversight in the following focus areas: labor management partnership, workplace safety, regulatory and compliance, capital and space planning, community and government relations, budgeting and fiscal management, etc.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
* Minimum five (5) years of general management experience in a complex, multi-faceted health care setting required.
* Master's degree in health care, hospital, business or public administration, or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Demonstrated success in managing complex initiatives and projects including areas such as strategic planning, fiscal management, quality improvement, project management and human resources management and compliance.
* Worked with large physician group practice managing through influence and collaboration.
* Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to the health care industry.
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
* Experience in achieving results working in a lean/continuous improvement environment.
* Experience in growing/developing teams and working through direct reports to achieve results.
* Excellent relational and communication skills to influence and drive change.
* Previous ambulatory care management experience strongly preferred.
Primary Location: California,Fresno,Fresno Hospital Ancillary - Yosemite Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon-Fri Working Hours Start: 08:30 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-NCAL-09|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Director/Senior Director Job Category: Healthcare / Hospital Operations Department: Fresno Sequoia Hospital - Medical Office Administration - 0206 Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job