Sr. Research Associate, Analytical Chemistry
Employment Type: Full-Time
As the Sr. Research Associate, Analytical Chemistry you will play a key role in supporting our ongoing research projects and product development efforts, working closely with our diverse cross-functional Research & Development groups. Your work will directly support the research for both GOOD Meat and JUST Egg.
Our ideal candidate is a chemist with industry or having worked in a commercial lab setting and understands the methodical approach and great attention to detail required to support the development and implementation of HPLC and LCMS methods of analysis.
At Eat Just, Inc., we believe everyone deserves to eat well. Our team of world-class scientists, researchers and Michelin starred chefs created Americas fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the worlds first-to-market cultured meat made deliciously and safely from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. We have been recognized as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, Entrepreneurs 100 Brilliant Companies, CNBCs Disruptor 50 and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer.
For more on JUST Egg, visit: http://ju.st
For more on GOOD Meat, visit: http://goodmeat.co
* Develop, validate, document, and implement methods of analysis for amino acids and metabolites in cell growth media;
* Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair HPLC and LCMS instruments in the analytical laboratory;
* Assist with proximates analysis and VOC analysis by GCMS;
* Work cross-functionally on projects with Bioprocessing, Protein Chemistry, Food Science, and Process Science teams;
* Summarize and report data and method development efforts in writing and present work in collaborative meetings with other R&D groups;
* Maintenance of notebook records, sample databases, standard operating procedures, and other documentation;
* Always conduct work in a safe manner, consistent with best practices in laboratory safety and environmental stewardship guidelines;
* Maintain a safe and organized lab environment;
* Perform additional laboratory duties as required to support R&D and company projects;
* Work with a diverse team of talented researchers and scientists!
Why youre a great fit
* You have a Masters Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field with 2+ years of industry experience and/or a Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of relevant experience;
* Demonstrated expertise in HPLC and LCMS instrumentation methods;
* Experience in method development and implantation of new analytical methods for routine analysis;
* Proficiency in HPLC systems, preferably Agilent;
* Ability to maintain, repair, and troubleshoot HPLC and LCMS instruments
* Experience with LCMS and LCMS-TOF instruments and methods;
* Direct experience with or knowledge of methods of analysis for amino acids and metabolites;
* Strong communication skills including technical writing and effective public speaking before groups and individuals from other departments; ability to effectively capture data and results;
* Strong critical thinking, time management and organizational skills;
* Excellent attention to detail, ability to maintain accurate records, and an affinity for troubleshooting;
* Ability to thrive in a collaborative, diverse, and fast-paced environment.
* Experience with GCMS instrumentation and VOC methods of analysis
* Experience with GCFID instrumentation and methods
* Familiarity or experience with total protein analysis using LECO
This is a full-time position based out of Headquarters in San Francisco.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.