Full-Time Computer Science Instructor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Interested in having a full-time teaching position empowering the next generation of engineers, builders, and writers? Want to build community with other instructors, learn from Juni's leaders, and gain experience to build your career?
The Juni Fellowship combines virtual instruction with executing the operations behind the courses. Fellows work directly with students ages 8-18 by teaching weekly, online coding classes. All classes are taught remotely, using the curriculum and digital tools developed by Juni. In addition, Fellows hone their teaching skills through specialized training, and expand their ability to teach additional courses. Juni Fellows spend approximately 80% of their time teaching and inspiring the next generation of engineers, builders, and writers (30 hours per week).
In addition to teaching, Fellows help the organization recruit and develop the largest and most qualified pool of instructors in the US. Since Fellows are chosen for their ability to deliver excellent instruction, they are uniquely positioned to provide instructors with ongoing career development. Fellows report to the Instructor Team and spend approximately 20% of their time supporting and growing the instructor community (10 hours per week). Responsibilities are based on need, and may include instructor coaching, recruitment and outreach.
Each Juni Fellows cohort includes opportunities for large and small group learning and community. Small group Fellows Learning Cohorts meet weekly, giving Fellows the chance to learn and grow in their instruction. Fellows Learning Cohorts benefit from expert facilitation and peer feedback on best practices for teaching. Fellows will come together to learn from leaders across Juni in monthly Speaker Series about how founders and leaders navigated their professional journey to Juni.
This is a great role for recent college graduates or current college students taking a gap year from school who are looking to learn valuable operations at a fast-growing start up and continue making a meaningful impact on the next generation.
Juni is a massively distributed university for kids, starting with Computer Science, Math, and English. We bring the best instructors, curriculum and platform to students around the world who want to prepare for the future. Juni is backed by Y Combinator and other top investors, and the company was recently featured in Forbes, Fortune, and TechCrunch. Our team was founded by two Stanford alumni and ex-Googlers, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
- Provide excellent instruction using the curriculum and teaching tools developed by Juni Learning. Each course is 50 minutes long, taught online, and may be private (1-1) or small group (maximum 2 students).
- Fellows not only teach recurring courses with the same students, but also have the opportunity to facilitate one-off classes on an as-needed basis.
***20% Instructor Team Support & Leadership Development***
- Support the instructor team by reviewing new instructor applications, conducting interviews, training new instructors, and coaching our current instructor base to be the best instructors they can be!
- Network with other Juni Fellows and leaders at Juni to learn about potential career paths in your field of choice.
- Conduct special projects related to instructor recruitment and development, build your resume and leadership experience while empowering more students to love learning!