Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries, Relationship Manager/Banker Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) group at J.P. Morgan focuses on companies with annual revenue of $20 million to $500 million, as well as municipalities, and not-for-profit entities requiring both traditional banking services (lending and cash management), as well as investment banking products (including debt and equity capital markets, risk management derivatives, and corporate finance advisory). With more than 100 locations nation-wide, our local delivery model, coupled with the firm's global resources, allows us to provide clients with customized, comprehensive solutions and exceptional service.
In the Analyst program, you will join a 2.5 year total experience designed to expose you to the many areas of direct client work across banking, treasury, and underwriting with client-facing work, as well as extensions of these functions through strategic project work and more. Throughout your program timeline you will hone your financial and client-facing skills to build your career in the financial services industry.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us develop the next wave of products and solutions for our clients.
How we're organized:
MMBSI is organized into five regional groups (Northeast, Midwest, Southwest, Southeast and Pacific) and a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to, Agribusiness, Life Sciences, Government, Healthcare, Higher Education, Not-for-profit, and Technology and Disruptive Commerce.
Analysts supporting our regional groups will work with MMBSI Bankers, Underwriters, Treasury Officers and Product Partners who cover a variety of industries to provide a range of financing solutions and strategic advisory.
You'll make an impact by:
* Working on financial models to support financing transactions
* Assisting in the completion of credit approval memos
* Preparing marketing materials for use in client meetings (covering topics such as financing alternatives, working capital optimization, and industry analysis)
* Learning how to identify treasury product solutions to benefit clients' long-term planning
* Developing an understanding of the full breadth of J.P. Morgan products and service offerings
* Conducting client and prospect research to support business development efforts
We are looking for individuals who have an interest in commercial banking and enjoy working with people, building relationships, and providing best-in-class customer experience. You'll also have:
* BA/BS degree required (Business, Finance & Accounting preferred; all majors considered)
* Minimum GPA 3.2 required
* Superior analytical, leadership, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
* Keen attention to detail and creative mindset
* Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Exhibit sound judgement and the ability to work as a team player
At JPMorgan Chase, we're creating positive change for the diverse clients, customers, and communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive and inclusive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you're passionate, curious, and ready to make an impact, we're looking for you.