Employment Type: Full-Time
* Accept and log all complaint, status, and follow-up calls in the CMMS database.
* Take immediate action on all alarms. Repair/Correct alarm condition if possible otherwise start follow-up trail for each alarm. You are responsible for all alarms that occur during your shift.
* Monitor the operation and make adjustments on refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, Centrifugal Chillers, Cooling tower, VAV systems, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems; monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
* Inform Chief Engineer / Assistant Chief Engineer of equipment conditions.
* Check CMMS system for new trouble calls a minimum of once every hour.
* Perform preventive maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment which includes but not limited to: assemble all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate clean-up of work area, completing the work order task sheet, returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room, reporting any equipment problems, impending supply or material shortages to the Chief Engineer.
* Install and repairs plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors (under the direction of the Site Electrician); run conduit; pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.; install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment. Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls.
* Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Ensures that all appropriate R&M data (i.e. material costs, contract labor costs, Jones Lang LaSalle effort, etc.) is captured on a work order.
* Maintain compliance with the JLL ESCP audit
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* High school diploma or state equivalent required
* 2 years of related trade schooling or equivalent
* Experience - Minimum 3 years experience working with HVAC/mechanical systems.
* Ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
* Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes
* Proficient with computer-based systems and programs, including Microsoft Office and Outlook\
* Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment, and operate a motor vehicle
* Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
* Able to work on roofs of buildings
* Able to frequently bend, twist, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
* Routinely available as 'On Call' craftsperson
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ('JLL') is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.