HVAC Tech / Building Operations Tech
Employment Type: Full-Time
We're JLL. We're a global services firm specializing in facilities management for some of the world's most prestigious companies. Every day, we help our clients achieve their ambitions while giving our team members opportunities to achieve theirs. Come join our growing team in Santa Clara, CA and be part of our success
HVAC Technician/Building Engineer is responsible for operating, maintaining, monitoring and repairing facility structures, HVAC equipment and systems.
* Monitor operation and maintains the building systems:
* Heating and cooling valves;
* HVAC VAV controls;
* refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment;
* RO-DI water systems (GMP and non-GMP)
* boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment;
* pumps, piping and filters
* lab cold rooms and reach in cold storage units
* E power and electrical equipment.
* Review and adjust refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency back-up systems and hot water systems, record readings. Make adjustments to optimize operation of equipment.
Analyze operations of various systems. Determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
* Perform PM and repair service work on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and various other building systems to maintain facility in peak operational condition.
* Prioritize all PM's, corrective and user request work orders for the site (annual, monthly, weekly, and daily).
* Troubleshoot equipment problems and executes corrective actions.
* Document work and activities in electronic work order systems per SOP. Utilizes GDP to document completed work.
Conduct all work within GxP requirements and standards. Interpret SOP's and apply requirements to work performed in support of critical manufacturing and lab research areas. .
* Monitor RODI water systems, complete daily readings log, respond to alarm notices, troubleshoot problems, supervise vendor during PMs and sanitizations.
* Comprehensive knowledge of Safe Work practices, especially regarding energized work, working at heights and confined spaces. Demonstrate a 'Safety First' mentality. Adhere to all LOTO, Energy Control, PPE and other program requirements.
* Understand and troubleshoot fire systems, building management systems, and domestic water systems.
* Monitor and respond to multiple building automation system notifications (JCI Metasys, Siemens Desigo and ALC building management systems). Operate Rees Environmental monitoring system.
* Lead job walks, review quotes and make recommendations for further actions. Supervise 3rd party suppliers in performance of contracted work.
Maintain compliance with all required training in multiple learning management systems
* Fast-paced work environment with multiple assignments for completion every day. Ability to manage time and close out daily assigned work tickets is critical to success
* Minimum of a high school diploma. College/Technical Degree preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in facility and/or HVAC systems with extensive controls experience.
* Multi-discipline maintenance experience-plumbing, electrical, general building maintenance
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are required. Role interacts heavily with clients/building occupants. Team player and eager to learn. Communicates well both oral and written.
* Knowledge of Siemens Desigo system a PLUS
* EPA Refrigerant Certification (Universal) a PLUS
* Efficient use of computer applications and software, including Archibus and SAP work order systems, MS Excel/Word and Google Docs
Physical work requirements and work conditions:
* Able to regularly lift items up to 50 lbs. Physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder up to 28', carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment and operate a motor vehicle.
* Able to work in close spaces such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc. Able to work on roofs of building-able to safely perform overhead work.
* Ability to bend, sit, knell, squat, stand, reach and lay as required to access equipment components for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work exposed to heat, sunlight, rain, cold, daylight and nighttime hours as required.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ('JLL') is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.