Facilities Manager - Healthcare
Employment Type: Full-Time
About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We shape the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of over 92,000 individuals. We believe a diverse and inclusive culture is one where everyone succeeds. That's why we're committed to creating an environment where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. JLL is a place where everyone can grow no matter how they identify or what background they bring with them. If you're a leader of any level or experience and this job description resonates with you, let's talk.
What this job involves
JLL has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Facilities Manager to join our team on a client account in the healthcare industry. Position will manage the plant operations of one or more hospitals and requires a strong background in hospital plant operations, utilities, Environment of Care, and Joint Commission standards and compliance.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Supervises and directs maintenance staff and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities.
* Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, ensuring that the work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently, neatly and with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
* Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
* Manages departmental staff, including selection, scheduling and job assignments; counseling, appraisals and recognition; recommending salary, promotional, disciplinary, termination and other personnel actions.
* Responsible for the Environment of Care, Emergency Management, Life Safety Code and fulfilling the role of Safety Officer.
* This position must maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory surveys, Joint Commission and other client based audits that are applicable to their assigned facility or facilities.
* The Hospital Plant Operations Manager will work with the client to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed, monitors operation of electrical and mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility's critical operations.
* Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various site infrastructure systems, determine the root cause of any problem / malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
* Provides training and support and aims to expand the capabilities of operations staff. Gives hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures.
* This position will demonstrate the proper use and care of tools and will instill a high level of professionalism and client service.
* Directs the performance of contracted maintenance
* Financial Management - plans and forecasts budget for operation and maintenance, recommends and estimates facility repairs and improvements
* Hazardous Materials - complies with policy and audit standards for safe storage, usage and disposal.
* Energy Management - implements programs to reduce energy and water consumption by 2% at each hospital and tracks performance
Sound like you? To apply you need:
* 5+ years of hospital facility management, plant operations, engineering or maintenance supervision experience.
* Managerial experience required with proven budget and personnel responsibilities.
* Extensive knowledge of Joint Commission Environment of Care standards and regulations.
* College degree in a related engineering field, formal apprenticeship program or technical trade school.
* CHFM Certified Healthcare Facility Manager, CPMM Certified Plant Maintenance Manager, CFM Certified Facility Manager or other relevant certifications, a plus.
* Experience and knowledge of OSHPD
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including report writing ability.
* Special knowledge and skills - Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
* Computer proficiency with MS Office and Outlook email.
* CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) experience Corrigo, Maximo, etc. and Building Automation System (BAS - Siemens' Apogee, Johnson Metasys or Trane Tracer preferred).
What you can expect from us
We succeed together-across the desk and around the globe and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
Apply quoting reference REQ130519 at jll.com/careers.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ('JLL') is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.