Technical Service Advisor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you a winner? Then join a winning team! Johnstone Supply of Fresno seeks a Technical Service Advisor (TSA). At Johnstone Supply it is our vision to be the partner of choice for the premiere HVAC professionals in Central California. We are a 36 year old family business with a proven track record of growth and innovation. We are looking for dynamic professionals who are focused on helping our customers succeed.
We believe in helping our customers to win. The Technical Service Advisor helps our customers to be more successful by providing the training and technical support they need to get the job done right, the first time, and to the highest standard of quality.
Training Results and Responsibilities
* Provide on-site technical training for existing and new dealers.
* Manage the annual technical training schedule for all branches.
* Create, prepare and teach technical training classes related to Johnstone Supply's major product lines.
Technical Support Results and Responsibilities
* Answers incoming technical support calls. Assist with system or product troubleshooting and answering technical questions. Handles multiple customers and customer requests simultaneously while maintaining a friendly and professional manner.
* Facilitates communication between the customer and factory technical support.
* Visits customer jobsites as required to assist with technical troubleshooting.
* Files all necessary product reports with the manufacturer completely and promptly.
* Files all required vendor warranty claims.
* Manages all DOA equipment. Repairs equipment for resale as appropriate.
Sales Results and Responsibilities
* Prepares and issues sales quotes following company guidelines. Follows up on quotes to secure sales.
* Educates customers/prospects re: the variety of products available for sale and the benefits of shopping at Johnstone Supply
* Increases customer satisfaction and store profitability by proactively recommending additional items a customer might need and promotions that might interest them.
* Uncovers and communicates sales lead information to outside sales staff and management.
* Promotes surplus, sale, discounted and obsolete inventory to customers in order to maintain proper inventory levels. Communicates unexpected increases or decreases in product demand and inventory to purchasing or management.
General Results Responsibilities
* Maintains knowledge of new and existing products and inventory by participating in training, studying Johnstone and industry catalogs and web sites, and seeking knowledge from experienced staff members and factory reps.
* Is organized and orderly maintaining appropriate records.
* Completes all transactions and necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
* Assists with counter sales during periods of peak store traffic.
* Resolves customer complaints and disputes in a timely, professional manner that balances customer requests with business needs.
* Follows company pricing and credit guidelines.
Johnstone Supply believes that each employee's contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, it is expected that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
* Required: Bachelors Degree and minimum of six years related experience in the HVAC/R industry; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Preferred: The above plus 4 years experience as a Technical Service Advisor or similar position in the HVAC/R industry.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Ability to provide consistent, professional customer service.
* Ability to multi-task and maintain focus while prioritizing the needs of several customers at once.
* Problem-solving skills: listening to, interpreting, and meeting the needs of others; diagnosing and rectifying problems.
* Demonstrated understanding and application of effective sales strategies and techniques.
* Skill in building long term customer relationships.
* Ability to maintain a positive and friendly demeanor.
* Technical knowledge of HVACR products, concepts and the industry as a whole.
* Skill in proactively communicating (both verbal and written) to establish mutual respect and understanding.
* Math skills, including ability to: add, subtract, multiply, divide; and calculate margins, discounts and percentages.
* Skill in using point-of-sale computer systems to locate information and process transactions.
* Skill in using web-based tools to research product and information.
* Ability to work productively in teams with a wide range of people.
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
* Ability to follow written instructions and documented procedures.
Expected Work Behaviors
* Keeps the company's best interest in mind when considering or addressing issues.
* Dedication to attending work and work-related functions prepared and on time.
* Maintains a professional personal appearance.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk on a hard surface for the majority of the workday. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift and carry and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally required to lift up to 70 pounds. The employee will regularly climb into roofs, into attics, and under crawlspaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The ability to speak and hear sufficiently to provide customer service is required.
Store Environment: Medium to large store with shelves and bins, most work is performed with telephone, material handling equipment, computer, fax, printer and in some cases an RF scanner.
Thank you for taking time to review our opportunity, for immediate consideration to join our team click the Apply button above.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
View Company Information
To see other positions, click here.