RN - Renal Metabolic-Telemetry - Full Time - 12 Hour - Nights
Employment Type: Full-Time
Based on John Muir Health Nursing's Vision of being the innovative leader for the professional role of the registered nurse. Through evidence-based practices and relevant patient care models, the nursing culture will create a compassionate healing environment, ensure interdisciplinary collaboration and foster professional growth and satisfaction. The staff registered nurse (RN) is a licensed professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for planning, delegating, and coordinating the nursing care of a group of patients during a designated time frame utilizing the John Muir Medical Center Standards of Care, ANA's Standards of Practice and Professional Performance, and the California Nurse Practice Act, Title 22, and Title 16. The RN coordinates and provides care through the therapeutic use of self, nursing process, and the environment and technology, in partnership and collaboration with interdisciplinary team members.
* Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing - Required
* 6 Months Nursing - Acute Care Preferred
* 1000 hours Nursing - Medical/Cardiac or Telemetry Must be Obtained within last 2 years - Non-core Requirement
* Complete Cardiac Care Course Must be Obtained within 6 months of hire - Non-Core Requirement
* RN Registered Nursing - California Board of Nursing - Required
* BLS Basic Life Support - American Heart Association - Required
* ACLS Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association - Required prior to completion of orientation to the assigned area
* Must be able to manage complex renal metabolic patients within 6 months.
* Must demonstrate competency in CAPD within 12 months.
* Demonstrated competency in the application or use of cardiac pharmacology, temporary pacemakers, and emergency interventions.
* Must meet clinical core qualifications within 12 months.
12.0 - 19:00 - 07:30 (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours