Pharmacist - Pharmacy - Per Diem - 10 Hour Shift*
Employment Type: Full-Time
Pharmacists ensure the effective use of medications by providing medication order verification while assessing for optimal drug product selection, dosage regimen design, effective administration and drug therapy monitoring services. Pharmacists interact with patients, family, and other healthcare providers to assure continuity of services and to achieve desired patient outcomes through safe, timely and cost effective drug therapy. Pharmacists supervise pharmacy technicians and may be required to assume the essential responsibilities of pharmacy management in their absence. Responsible for leading pharmacy services in a clinical or operational area of the health system. Provides expertise and oversight to their designated area and to staff.
For Ambulatory Care Pharmacists: Pharmacists work with patients and other healthcare providers to assure the most safe and effective medication use. Completes comprehensive medication reviews, adjusts and orders medications in alignment with collaborative practice agreements, effectively identifies and de-prescribes unneeded and/or harmful medications, provides extensive education and provides clinical expertise in Refill Clinic. Clinics include Palliative Care, Comprehensive Care Clinic (Internal Medicine), Anticoagulation Clinic and Refill Clinic.
* School of Pharmacy - Accredited by ACPE - Required
* Completion of ASHP Accredited General Practice Residency (PGY1) - Preferred. (*see add'l info on this requirement in 'Additional Experience' section)
* Healthcare - Acute Care - Preferred
* Completion of a Pharmacy - American Society of Healthy-System Pharmacists (ASHP) - Accredited Residency - PGY1 - Preferred
* RPH Registered Pharmacist - California Board of Pharmacy - Required
* BLS Basic Life Support - American Heart Association - Required
* ACLS Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association - Preferred. Required by 3/31/20 for staff working Unit Based Shifts
* PALS Pediatric Adv Life Support - American Heart Association - Required for staff working in Pediatric Unit Based shifts and Emergency Dept Unit Based Shifts
* APh Advanced Practice Pharmacist License - Preferred. (*see add'l info on this requirement in 'Additional Experience' section)
10.0 - Per Diem Days (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours