Employment Type: Full-Time
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Duties include, but are not limited to, the making of sales calls on existing as well as potential and targeted customers. Promotes the sale of the organization's products, provides service capabilities and recommends proper application for all products marketed by organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Promotes the sale of organizations products within, but not limited to, a geographical area.
* Makes sales calls on existing, potential and targeted customers.
* Routinely discusses with Manager sales progress made with existing customers and notifies of captured accounts.
* Recommends products and application of products in collaboration with Manager.
* When needed deliver and pick up customer seals which have been or are in need of repair.
* Discusses with customer future requirements and assists in solving problems associated with their pumps and other applications to improve reliability and/or MTBR
* Liaison between customer and Company, thus, settles claims, adjustments and return of product with customers.
* Prepare formal quotations and recommendation to the assigned customer base on the complete John Crane product line.
* Attends customer Environmental, Health and Safety meetings.
* Assist Manager in conducting Environmental, Health and Safety training meetings as required by organization. · Performs seal/safety product repairs and service work ,
* Be able to communicate in a professional manner within John Crane and the customer through email, telephone, and the written word
* Performs support of the complete John Crane product line sold by organization.
* Discusses with Manager and other district personnel on a routine basis customer problems, opportunities and potential new accounts.
* Keeps Manager informed of daily activities.
* Prepares written reports on a timely basis.
* Performs any other activity or assignment as required by management personnel.
* Maintains company assigned vehicle in condition as required by company policy.
* Potential Field Location Responsibility: Presents well reports to customers and attends customer failure analysis meeting on a routine basis.
* High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of sales experience, rotating equipment sales experience preferred.
* If no degree, minimum of 4 years' experience of sales experience, rotating equipment sales experience preferred.
* Excellent people skills and ability to sell.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to develop presentations for customers and potential customers and present in a professional manner.
* Computer literate with good working knowledge of database programs - Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Travel at least 10% of time.