Representative, Channel Sales
Employment Type: Full-Time
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.
American Building Supply (ABS), a subsidiary of Jeld Wen, and one of the Nation's largest wholesales suppliers of Doors, Door Hardware, Windows, and Millwork is currently seeking an experienced Outside Sales Representative to specialize in the Residential Door and Hardware market in the San Francisco Bay area and represent our various door and hardware product lines. This person will have the support of our talented inside sales team of door professionals.
Our company understands that it is only through our valued employees that we can be successful. We are constantly on the lookout for enthusiastic people who want to be part of a great team.
Description of Duties:
* Responsible for all sales activities in the respective sales territory
* Routinely visit customer locations to maintain value-added relationships
* Perform new customer calls and other sales activities to generate additional business
* Maximize margin on sales
* Provide high level of customer service in answering customer inquiries and solving customer challenges
* Perform inspections and resolve field problems
* Develop and deliver product knowledge training classes
* Maintain and oversee door and hardware product lines
* Routinely reads trade journals and attends industry-specific training to stay current on product knowledge and industry trends
* Residential Door and Hardware product knowledge
* Sales and customer service experience
* Established customer base in the Dallas Fort Worth area
* Intermediate computer skills
* Excellent work habits
* Positive outgoing attitude
* Strong verbal communication skills
* Self-motivated, goal oriented
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Ability to promote the ABS brand
* Outside sales candidates must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record and be able to drive an automobile and travel daily
ABS takes pride in providing a supportive, employee-friendly environment. Our total compensation package includes health insurance, paid vacation and a 401(k) retirement plan with company match. While this helps us attract good people, our culture helps us keep them. We truly care about our employees and want your experience with us to be positive and rewarding.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services