Employment Type: Full-Time
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.
Monday to Friday (5:30 pm to 2:30 pm)
Summary / Objective
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor/Manager the Lead is responsible in leading the team at start up (cover previous day's results, needs of our area, targets for the day/week and ensure stretches are complete). Support one or more areas such as: Warehouse, Shipping, Assembly and/or Final Processing. Participates in the planning, scheduling, manufacturing of doors, shipping and/or warehouse area. Update and be prepared to present your areas SQDCI boards at Gemba. Assist with engagement plans for the team.
* Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor/Manager the Lead is responsible in leading the team at start up (cover previous day's results, needs of our area, targets for the day/week and ensure stretches are complete). Support one or more areas such as: Warehouse, Shipping, Assembly and/or Final Processing. Participates in the planning, scheduling, manufacturing of doors, shipping and/or warehouse area. Update and be prepared to present your areas SQDCI boards at Gemba. Assist with engagement plans for the team.
* Ensure hour x hour boards are kept up. Hour x hour actions will be driven by missed goals and opportunities, those actions will be listed on the SQDCI boards, Pareto actions and drive RAIL's from tallest poles.
* Maintain a safe working environment.
* Support the Supervisor on the day to day activities in order to meet Customer Demand.
* Complete a shift to shift Pass Down.
* 5S Tracked and improvement activities maintained.
* Ensure schedule is adhered to and any issues are escalated to Group Manager.
* Communicate professionally and respectfully with all personnel.
* Maintain cross training matrix for Team.
* Celebrate wins with the team.
* Share associate achievements with Supervisor and recommend rewards.
* Conforms with safety regulations per plant policies and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
* At least 5 years of experience in a production, manufacturing, warehouse and/or shipping environment or a combination of experience and education.
* At least 2 years of Lead or Supervisor experience or equivalent experience
* Systemic problem solver uses logic to resolve root cause problems.
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office)
* Must have the ability to maintain the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality together with a clear vision of business needs.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services