Golf Course Mechanic / Rancho Bernardo Inn
Employment Type: Full-Time
In addition to working in the natural beauty of San Diego, we offer competitive, progressive benefits including complimentary meals and employee discount benefits.
Join our team of friendly, engaging, professionals who love the Hospitality Industry and want to share it with our guests.
Rancho Bernardo Inn is recognized as one of Condé Nast Travelers Readers' Choice Awards, Top Southern California Resorts, US News & World Report's Top San Diego Hotels, a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts and has received the AAA Four Diamond award for over 40 years.
The GOLF COURSE MAINTENANCE essential purpose is to ensure luxury resort standards of safety, function and aesthetic appeal for all resort buildings, furnishings and equipment.
* To satisfactorily complete all daily assignments as directed, including preventive maintenance, random safety checks, and service requests by the Director of Engineering.
* To ensure the timeliness and quality of routine tasks given from the Superintendent and/or Assistant Superintendent
* To keep accurate inspection of service records for each individual motorized machine.
* To requisition from purchasing, repair, and replacement parts as needed
* To secure Golf Maintenance equipment and property against damage or theft.
* To practice safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others, including the safe operation of all power-driven machinery
* To handle, store, and label all hazardous substances according to federal and state regulations
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Able to read, speak, and write English. Must have minimum two years experience as golf course mechanic apprentice. Experienced in use, maintenance, and repair of all relevant golf course tools and equipment. Able to read and interpret manuals and parts lists, and to discuss equipment with vendors to ensure proper ordering. Valid California driver's license required. Proof of personal automobile insurance coverage required.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES: Detail oriented. Organized and efficient. Safety-minded. High quality standards for production and service. Courteous, friendly manner. Good team player. Customer service focus. Able to work productively with little supervision. Trustworthy and reliable.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSCIAL DEMANDS: Works primarily indoors in enclosed, but not temperate-controlled area. Adequate lighting. Concrete surface. Exposed to noise of power driven machinery. Exposed to hazardous substances and fumes. Outdoors: exposed to all weather conditions. Works on all surfaces, including concrete, soil, and grass. Conducts work on greens while golf plays is in session and, for safety reasons, should be aware of flying golf balls. Extensive property.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodation related to applying for employment at our company, please visit our JC Resorts careers site for our contact information
JC Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, and any other status protected by state or federal law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.