Bartender - Splashes Restaurant PM
Employment Type: Part-Time
Surf & Sand Resort, Laguna Beach is proudly a part of JC Resorts, a proven leader in the management and operation of golf and resort properties since 1971. We are located directly on the beach in the heart of Laguna and have been part of the local history since 1948. We are looking for passionate individuals, empowered to create wow moments and lasting memories for every guest, every time. As a family owned business, we treat people like lifelong friends and believe in the personal touch.
In addition to working in the most beautiful oceanfront location in Laguna, we offer competitive and progressive benefits including complimentary meals.
Join our team of friendly, engaging, professionals who love the Hospitality Industry and want to share it with our guests.
The BARTENDER is responsible to prepare mixed beverages for hotel bar guests. Also to provide guests with food and beverage service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, include but not limited to:
* To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner, deferring to the Restaurant Manager when necessary, to ensure customer satisfaction.
* To be completely familiar with company beverage line and drink recipes.
* To provide properly mixed cocktails and other beverages, as requested, to service staff.
* To follow all specified procedures to properly open and close the bar, including handling bar keys; running Micros reports; and performing all necessary side work.
* To maintain adequate stock of beverages and bar supplies, in accordance with established pars and routine procedures, and be responsible for the security of beverage stock while on duty.
* To maintain at all times an adequate stock of clean bar glassware.
* To assist in side work by polishing glassware.
* To maintain the organization of the bar area at all times, including emptying trash as needed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Must speak and understand English well enough to interact with service staff. Must have minimum one year similar experience. Must have extensive knowledge of wines, and know fundamentals of beverage mixing, inventory and pars, and glass types and uses, and have large drink recipe knowledge. Must be familiar with Micros computer system. Must be familiar with California liquor laws. Experience with Micros Computer systems preferred. Current CPR certification preferred. Hotel experience preferred.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES: Detail oriented. Organized and efficient. Safety-minded. High quality standards for production and service. Diplomatic and calm. Strong verbal communications skills. Courteous, friendly, and professional manner. Good team player. Customer service focus. Able to work productively with little supervision. Trustworthy and reliable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Stands and walks short distances throughout shift. Bends, stoops, reaches, pushes, and lifts to perform routine tasks. Frequently required to handle and move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. over short distances.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodation related to applying for employment at our company, please contact us at 855-318-8947 and/or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
JC Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, and any other status protected by state or federal law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Surf & Sand Resort is recognized as one of Condé Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards, Top Resorts in Southern California, one of Travel + Leisure's World's Best, is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts and has held the AAA Four Diamond rating for over 20 years.
Surf & Sand Resort | 1555 South Coast Highway | Laguna Beach, CA 92651
www.surfandsandresort.com HR direct line: (949) 376-2764