Count Room Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Your daily responsibilities include:
Jamul Casino is looking for FUN, friendly and positive team members to join our Count Operations team! As a Count Room Lead you will provide leadership and supervision to the count team in the absence of the Count Room Supervisor, including for drop and count activities.
We are San Diego's Closest Casino and offer excellent team member benefits like:
* Competitive pay
* Paid Time Off
* Health Benefits
* Team Member Discounts
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Career growth
* Recognition Program
* And much more!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
* Provide friendly, fast, and helpful guest service to all guests and team members.
* Safeguard company assets at all times.
* Prepare the monthly drop schedule submitted to KRGC and work with relative areas to define drop routes and subsequent changes.
* Supervise work schedules and ensure adherence to the same for all count room members.
* Ensure efficient and maintain use of currency counting equipment and ensure that daily maintenance requirements are completed.
* Report problems to Manager for recommendations and participate in improvement as appropriate.
* Provides leadership and supervision to the count team in the absence of the Count Room Shift Manager, including for drop and count activities.
* Assists in interviewing, hiring, training, directing, appraising, rewarding and coaching team members.
* Assist and train all Count Room team members in order to ensure their duties are performed correctly and in a timely manner necessary to support the casino operation.
* Conduct individual or group pre-shift meetings with team members and provide daily positive and constructive feedback.
* Understand and adhere to disciplinary policies; Counsel team members and use progressive discipline to modify performance.
* Compile and post employee time and payroll data.
* Review the performance, productivity, and efficiency of team members including but not limited to periodic evaluations.
* Perform any and all count room duties as necessary to ensure completion of all count room duties in a timely manner.
* Clean and maintain all count room equipment, supplies, and general area; check supplies and order as necessary, clean wrapping machines and do preventative maintenance.
* Meet department uniform, appearance, and grooming requirements.
* Professional dress when not in the count room.
* Understand and adhere to all bargaining unit agreements.
* Must adhere to regulatory, department and company policies.
* Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
* Performs other job related and compatible duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be at least 21 years of age.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Previous cash handling/ or cage or count experience preferred
* Prior cashiering experience and/or heavy money handling experience preferred
* Strong mathematical skills
* Accurate and efficient 10-key skills
* Must be able to acquire and maintain appropriate gaming license
* Credit and background checks are required
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume setting
* Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays