Lead Senior Software Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Iteris is looking for a motivated individual who wants to help make transportation systems safer and more efficient. This
individual will work within Iteris' Commercial Vehicle Operations team, which is a core group of software developers, data
scientists, designers, and product managers who develop software products, dashboards, and reports to help our public
agency clients better screen, credential and enforce motor carrier safety programs. This opportunity is for a senior level
software development role in either Iteris' Idaho Falls location, or remote location.
What Makes This Position/Workplace Exciting:
* Be immersed in some of the most challenging systems, at a national level to make a significant difference in roadway safety and efficiency.
* Have a real impact as a core member of a small team, working to solve problems that impact lives and convert your programming skills into tools to help travelers and agencies.
* Work in a highly collaborative and agile software development environment, coordinating closely with teammates and regrouping through daily scrums.
* Be part of an amazing company culture - we'll look to you to bring fresh ideas and new perspectives to our existing products.
* Focus on defining a target architecture to support the growing product base and evolving market requirements that will aid in defining the technical solutions necessary to support the target architecture.
* Define and develop architecture artifacts, produce functional code to aid in solution design and implementation, define the transition plan(s) required to achieve the target architecture, and assist in modernizing the platform to support the strategic road map.
* Oversee development activities, while contributing significantly to development work. In the short term, you will focus on standardizing services to enable scalability of the Commercial Vehicle Operations Platform. This effort will entail modernizing existing architecture to employ an evolutionary approach, providing solution definition for new features, refactoring of existing features and aiding in defect root cause analysis and resolution. This role will also mentor team members in new technologies and exploring new aspects of the architectural solution. In the long run you will oversee development activities, while contributing to development work, to align the product implementations with the roadmap to ensure the development of a secure, flexible, scalable, highly reliable platform of products to support our growing client base in existing and new markets. Through this work, you will collaborate with development, data, product and technical staff to ensure strategic alignment.
* Minimum ten (10) plus years of software development experience
* Experience with frameworks, like Angular, React, .NET, Entity, Bootstrap, Django ORM and Django Rest Framework experience, or solid familiarity with the concepts in another technology stack
* Experience in an Agile development methodology including best practices such as automated tests, continuous integration, shared ownership, pull requests and code reviews
* Experience working in small teams in a startup-like environment
* Experience with various Azure Automation or AWS application technologies such as serverless technology/Lambda, API Management/API Gateway
* Experience with deployment technologies such as Container Services, ECS/ECR, EKS, Kubernetes, Elastic Beanstalk, Load Balancer, Docker, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field
* Must have strong leadership skills to be able to mentor teammates, with or without formal authority
* Strong communication skills to inform varying stakeholder groups with relevant and timely information to aid in key project/product decisions.
* Must be a self starter and work well in a lean environment.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Iteris, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Iteris, Inc.must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.