Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Receptor Biology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in San Diego, is located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad. Ionis was founded in 1989 and was purposely designed to create a better, more efficient drug discovery platform, establish a new innovation-centered business model, and maximize the value of every medicine created and get it to the people who need it most as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
With the RNA molecule as the basis of our novel drug discovery platform, we are targeting an unprecedented range of therapeutic areas. Our antisense therapies are disrupting diseases and changing their course-from the rarest of conditions, to those that impact millions of people. We currently have three commercial products and more than 40 potentially transformative medicines in our pipeline designed to treat a broad range of diseases.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, RECEPTOR BIOLOGY
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Receptor Biology group. Incumbent will be an integral member of Medicinal Chemistry helping to design, express, purify and characterize protein ligands and reagents for oligonucleotide conjugation.
* B.S. degree in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Pharmacology or related field
* Experience in cloning, engineering, purification, and characterization of recombinant proteins from bacteria and mammalian cells
* Experience in protein purification techniques (eg, ion exchange, affinity, SEC, IMAC, HIC; ultrafiltration); experience in characterization of proteins using western blot and HPLC, FPLC, SDS-PAGE;
* Experience in standard laboratory assays for molecule affinity and activity; experience with quantitative assay development is a plus
* Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as an excellent track record of productivity
* Strong interpersonal skills, comfort with building and maintaining effective working relationships with teams and partners
* Ability to manage multiple assignments effectively in a quickly evolving environment
* Hands-on laboratory based effort will be expected
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #SRSCI02468
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.