Employment Type: Full-Time
School Steps an Invo Company is hiring an Occupational Therapist in the greater Sacramento, CA area. We take pride in our in-school services. We have exciting opportunities for positive, motivated, and experienced OT's looking for daytime hours in a school setting. If you're looking to use your experience and skills to help drive progress, deliver outcomes and empower children, families and teachers then you found the right place! We offer a continuum of services, ranging from prevention to intervention. This includes direct services, consultative services and education to parents and school staff in both general and special education. We serve public schools, county educational programs, charter schools, homeschool programs and private schools. Our students range in age from 3 to 21 years.
Our energetic team of Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants are supported by our management team through continuous mentoring and professional development opportunities. These include regularly scheduled TheraChat™ meetings and multi-disciplinary team collaboration. All of our therapists maintain continuing education requirements and we value the pursuit of additional training as well as the application of current research and evidence-based practices to ensure that we, as a team, stay on the cutting edge of advancements in our field.
Best Practices. Best Careers. Best Outcomes for Children.
* Provide consultation and intervention regarding behavior management, effective education and assessment of behavioral needs of students with and without disabilities
* Conduct functional behavioral assessments and design, implement and monitor behavior intervention plans and evaluate; accordingly, Develop crisis intervention plans when needed
* Lead and Supervise a team on-site, serve as liaison for school to ensure needs and programmatic goals are being met
* Maintain appropriate records
* Serve as liaison between students receiving special education services and outside providers, private psychiatrists, school staff, psychologists and community agencies
* Follow students in alternative placements; facilitate transition during referral and reintegration phases
* Consult with parents/guardians and work in coordination with school personnel
* Ability to effectively communicate with teachers, administrators, and parents
* Ensure all services are performed in accordance with state laws and regulations
* Perform other BCBA duties/responsibilities required by the Program and within the scope of licensure and/or certification
* Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited university
* Appropriate state licensure
* Department of Education Certification
* Ability to evaluate disorders and delays that affect students' ability to perform daily activities and reach their educational goals
* Personal commitment to driving positive outcomes for children
* Collaborative minded professional with strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work and build strong relationships with parents, teachers and school administrators
* School based therapy experience preferred
* Competitive compensation
* Comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage, 401(k)) Retirement Saving Plan with a discretionary company match)
* PTO and Paid Floating Holidays
* Professional Liability Coverage
* Licensure reimbursement
* Annual Professional Development stipend
* Professional membership stipend
* Unparalleled mentoring and support
* Many More!
INVO is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all business activities (e.g., recruitment, hiring, assignment, conditions of employment, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, discipline and termination) without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, military and veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and local law.