Senior Cost Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Intersect ENT is a global ear, nose and throat medical technology leader dedicated to transforming patient care through evidence-based innovation and an expanded portfolio that delivers solutions across the continuum of chronic rhinosinusitis disease space. In order to meet that goal, we hire people who like to challenge the status quo, collaborate cross-functionally, and pursue excellence.
Do you embody this spirit of innovation and collaboration? Are you ready to join our team?
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Senior Cost Analyst will support the Operations team. This individual will support the Cost Accounting manager to oversee department spend and prepare /analyze manufacturing variances at period end close. He / She will develop, maintain, improve, and prepare financial reports for inventory and operations reporting. This individual will support cost accounting month end close, reconcile inventory, prepare journal entries, and maintain and update standard cost as required. He /She will also have the opportunity to work closely with all levels of the business regarding operations and outlook.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support cost accounting month end close and prepare journal entries.
* Prepare work order close review and inventory reconciliations.
* Review and accrue monthly expenses for month end close.
* Drive the monthly GM review which includes explaining manufacturing variances to provide insight on current and expected trends and identifying areas of risk and opportunities.
* Develop department-level and Operation KPI's to be used for performance monitoring and goal setting.
* Maintain and update standard cost as needed.
* Cycle Count and year end Physical Inventory support.
* Assist with management dashboard reports and presentations for Executive Leadership and the Board.
* Build strong relationships across functions within the company and maintain an open flow of communication to build deep knowledge of current events in the business.
* Ad hoc requests and auditor support as needed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree required with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of cost accounting experience.
* Biotech/Medical Device Manufacturing and public company experience a plus.
* Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
* Strong and effective communication skills.
* Ability to take initiative, work flexibly, and set priorities with minimal supervision.
* ERP / QAD experience preferred (not required).
* Excellent communication skills, ability to present financial information in a meaningful understandable way.
* Self-motivated and ability to work independently and collaboratively and strong organizational skills are essential.
* Detail oriented, ability to prioritize duties within a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and related tools.
* Ability to work effectively with a variety of organization, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
* Ability to accommodate schedule to work off hours to support international discussions, close operations, and project efforts.
* Respects and maintains confidentiality of all personal and financial information.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, VISUAL ACUITY, AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical Activity - Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Physical Requirements - Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Visual Acuity - The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Working Conditions - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Intersect ENT (NASDAQ: XENT) is a medical technology company dedicated to advancing the treatment of ear, nose, and throat (ENT) conditions through evidence-based innovation. We provide treatments for people with chronic sinusitis, an inflammatory sinus condition that has been shown to substantially reduce quality of life. Sinusitis is one of the most common conditions in the United States.
Intersect ENT is an equal opportunity employer that strives to interview, hire and promote a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disabilities, veteran status, or sexual orientation.