Barista - Field
Employment Type: Full-Time
Before completing the application, you must click this link to complete an assessment. Any application without an assessment will not be considered.
Born and brewed in Southern California since 1963, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® has become one of the world's largest independent and privately owned specialty coffee and tea retailers. In 1963 we opened our very first store in Brentwood, California. Today we have over 1100 stores in 31 countries as well as regional offices in Singapore and Malaysia. We have always had a creative and caring spirit. This energy embodied by our Team Members made us famous and beloved by our guests, first in Southern California and now around the world. We are a brand centered around passion. A passion for our premium products, our people, the guests and everyone we work with around the world. Passion is contagious, and we've got a serious case of it.
We're known for an unwavering commitment to premium quality coffee and tea, and have built direct supplier relationships with the best private coffee farms and tea estates around the world. We select only the top 1% of Arabica beans and the finest hand plucked, whole leaf tea. All of our coffee and tea blends are developed at our state of the art facility in Camarillo, CA - giving us total control, for ultimate precision. Once perfected, our beverages are then prepared locally for maximum freshness. We are constantly seeking out new trending flavors, innovative development methodologies and cultural flavor influences. Over the years we have come up with breakthrough beverages like The Original Ice Blended drink, introduced back in 1989, before frozen coffee was a craze, or the Tea Latte. We are always looking to formulate the next fan favorite, making our menu ever-changing and always improving.
We believe we are in business for more than making a profit. We want to make a difference. We have always done it this way. Back in the day, Herb Hyman, our founder, advocated for coffee growers and exporters, paying higher prices to help them grow their business. Today we are making a difference at every step of the way, from the communities we source from, to our Team Members in stores, to building a brighter future through investing in our Caring Cup Program. Our genuine care is evident from seed to cup. It's why our guests feel comfortable to be themselves and why we are serving so much more than a great cup of coffee or tea.
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® is seeking a Barista. The Barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He or she is also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees and teas. The Barista will fulfill any other duties the General Manager, Assistant General Manager or Shift Supervisor assigns and will represent The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf ® in a professional manner.
The Barista is responsible for maintaining the key business areas listed:
* Sells and serves products to customers in a courteous and friendly manner
* Participates in all sales promotions effectively and efficiently
* Safely handles all hot and cold drinks during drink preparation
* Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner
* Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty
* Responds pro-actively to prevent customer service situations
* Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner, following all safe cash handling procedures
* Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including but not limited to giving store greeting, directions to store location, receiving and filling customer orders
* Answers customer questions regarding products, service or environment in a courteous and friendly manner
* Packages all retail and beverage customer orders according to company guidelines
* Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers
* Maintains efficient, friendly service standards
* Restocks shelves when necessary
* Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, take out trash, etc.
* Follows brand guidelines in environment and takes ownership in the store cleanliness
* Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments
* Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty
* Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty
* Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies
* Perpetuates company philosophy and culture
* Maintains a high level of motivation to ensure quality and consistent product
* Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services
* Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards
* Follows all company drink recipes and procedures
* Passes monthly re-certifications, in a timely manner
* Assists in maintaining a clean, well-merchandised store
* Assists in following visual presentation plans and standards
* Able to train new baristas
* Runs errands, when needed
* Works special events, as needed
* Maintains positive company morale
* Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear
* Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms
* Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 25 pounds
* Vision requirements: Close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust and focus
* Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages
* Experience in retail / specialty store or food establishment preferred
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Well organized and detail oriented
* Register and cash handling experience
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
International Coffee & Tea, LLC dba The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, sex, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetics, or any other status protected by state or federal law. The Coffee Bean &Tea Leaf® expressly prohibits any form of employee harassment or discrimination on the basis of any such protected status.
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy was intended to comply, and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® so complies, with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Barista rev. 10/2016 Created 4/2013
* Pay Type Hourly
* Job Start Date Thursday, July 6, 2017
* 0314 - Century City Mall Kiosk Store - 10250 Santa Monica Blvd., 10250 Santa Monica Blvd., Century City, California, United States of America