Maintenance Tradesperson II - Hotel Indigo San Diego
Employment Type: Full-Time
Get to Know San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter Hotel
People come to San Diego for all sorts of reasons, but while they're here, it's our job to make them love every minute of their stay. The Gaslamp Quarter offers plenty to see and do, from quirky shops and eateries to exciting nightlife. You need not venture far to see the best - in fact, at our popular Level 9 Rooftop Bar, people enjoy cocktails and conversation while overlooking the San Diego skyline.
The Pet Friendliest Accommodations in San Diego
Whether your companion is a pampered pooch or a stick-fetching sidekick, we are ready to welcome you both to the Gaslamp Quarter! Our town is renowned for its pet-friendly atmosphere ever since the early beginnings with adored town mascot, Bum the Dog.
Opened July 13, 2009, Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp showcases many of the historic stories behind our neighborhood. From pet-friendly hospitality inspired by Bum the Dog, to our contemporary refreshed style to reflect New Town architecture and vibes. Each of the 210 rooms reflect our neighborhood story.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
* Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
* Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
* Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
* Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
* Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
* Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
* Perform maintenance and repairs for assigned area of expertise such as the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel guest rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day's work to include system checks and minor repairs as needed.
* Perform minor property repairs to include but not limited to painting, removing and replacing bathroom tiles, grouting, repairing wallboard, wall vinyl, light bulbs, equipment repairs, etc. Maintain and repair interior and exterior furniture (ex: loose screws, webbing and joints, painting & finishing/touch-ups)
* Utilize and maintain basic hand and power tools required for general maintenance.
* Knowledge on general plumbing systems, pipe lines, shower cartridges, toilet and sink fix, follow and maintain major drains and sewage lines. Maintain water feature equipment. Hold proper chlorine levels and other conditions in compliance with the health department standards
* Follow and maintain preventative maintenance checklists of guest rooms and public areas such as all major drains and sewage lines.
* Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning safety or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policy and procedures to ensure quality, safety, and consistency. Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor. May educate and train hotel staff in the safe and proper use of equipment. Be able to specify locations of all electric motors, switches, resets and circuit breakers, shut-off valves and what they control.
* Be able to assist with property inspections (Fire Marshall, Fire Alarm, Quality Evaluation)
Assist with other duties as assigned
Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional certification and license if required by law.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
* Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds
* Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
* Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
* Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling
* Specialized knowledge and skills or certification within a field or discipline such as plumbing, electrician, carpentry, equipment mechanics, HVAC, refrigeration, etc. Hotel experience preferred.
* Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other supervisors, hotel staff and hotel guests. Must be able to communicate in English. Spanish and other language a plus.
* Reading and writing abilities and computer application are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day and/or to read equipment repair manuals.
* Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
* Must be available to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. Must be available to work overtime/off-schedule hours in case there is a need to assist the Chief Engineer during emergency calls.
At Hotel Indigo, we live, work and play in the local neighborhoods that we call home. We combine stylish, vibrant & modern design of a boutique hotel with personal, unique & attentive service. We want you to bring your unique self to the workplace as we deliver a refreshingly local service to our guests.
We have a diverse workforce, celebrating difference, while working better together. Competitive benefit package are available which may include Medical/Dental/Vision/401K and more. Please ask HR for details.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans