Development Business Operations Associate II
Compensation: $89,675.00 - $179,550.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
: Development Business Operations Associate Job Duration
: 6 Months Job Location
: Foster City, CA 94404 General Position Summary / Purpose:
The Development Business Operations Associate II will require the ability to apply critical and analytical thinking to supplier onboarding and the administration of accurate and timely clinical payments to investigators participating in our Sponsored clinical trials in a high volume, fast paced environment with a strong focus on being the Sponsor of Choice to our investigators and Partner of Choice to our suppliers. Key Accountabilities / Core Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge and understanding of GCP, ICH, GLP and other local and federal tax regulations
- Provide contract and payment administration support to include the following: Invoice Coordination, Invoice review, expense account coding, and review routing.
- Payment reconciliation includes the ability to research and review site payment data and determines payment status, determine if over or under payment has occurred, and answer site and GSI team queries. Requires in-depth and often complex investigation of payment discrepancies and thorough, yet efficient communication.
- Mastery of propriety clinical tracking system and ability to review and understand payment schedules and terms enter data and generate site payments on determined cycles.
- Ability to manage and lead projects cross-functionally from inception to completion. Exercise knowledge in strategizing for the most effective methods, approaches, and level of communication and engagement.
- Responsible for clinical administrative operations activities involving clinical finance support and/or assistance with contract negotiations. Completes responsibilities in a timely, organized way.
- Identifies issues/problems and provides customary recommendations for solutions. May focus on either contracts or finance or both areas based on business need. Coordinates and ensures that monthly payment processes are completed accurately and on time.
- Works on diverse business problems that require financial analysis with oversight from more senior individuals in department. Assists clinical teams in resolving financial issues as they relate to either site or vendor contracts.
- Coordinates the preparation, execution, and tracking of domestic and/or international clinical site agreements, including study-specific budget templates, contracts and other documents with specific guidance from manager.
- Works closely with internal and vendor clinical teams to ensure rapid start-up of study sites. Responsible for tracking the progress of study-start-up activities as it relates to contracts and budgets.
- Assists clinical teams in evaluating the progress of vendor contracts as the clinical program progresses.
- Collaborate with management to generate and track metric reports
- Demonstrates moderate proficiency in the use of complex budgeting & forecasting database tools.
- Interacts well with clinical teams, legal, account payable and corporate finance.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to understand and take effective approaches to varying levels of communication that would be most efficient and productive.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis of department data and presenting results in a clear manner
Qualifications / Requirements
- 3-5 plus years of relevant experience
- BA/ BS required
- Pharma or Biotech experience preferred
- Good scripting/programming skill and applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc. preferred
- Minimum 5 plus years of project management experience or other relevant experience related to contract administration, clinical payments or finance
- Knowledge of GCP, ICH, GLP and other local and federal tax regulations
- Proficiency in MS Project and standard desktop tools including, but not limited to, MSWord, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.