CM, Procurement Mananger-SS
Employment Type: Full-Time
Oversees and directs activities associated with client and project-related procurement and contracts administration of equipment, trade subcontracts, materials and professional services and managing the effort for assigned IPS offices. Actively manages and often engages in portfolio of all project procurement services work in the region. Develops new work for regional office with new and existing clients.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Seek out opportunities and leads proposal activities associated with the development of Procurement Services offerings with new or existing regional clients.
* Supports intra-regional business development opportunities by other Divisions as they pertain to projects requiring Procurement Services.
* Leads and closes negotiations (supported by IPS Legal) with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Professional Services providers.
* Coordinates and monitors procurement and contract administration efforts on regional procurement projects. Negotiates, manages and leverages favorable agreements across business units. Provide procurement support on all projects within region.
* Ensures the quality, accuracy, and completeness of department work; compliance with established IPS standards, procedures; and provides adequate training, technical and administrative guidance, and instruction to personnel with the department.
* Assesses and manages procurement resources across regional projects. Supports national and intradepartmental strategic sourcing and contracting initiatives as required.
* Develops strategic business plan for the procurement function in concert with overall company planning efforts involving technical/regulatory activities required to achieve long range and annual goals and objectives.
* Leads or supports the development of departmental policies, standard operating procedures (SOP's), tools, templates and work instructions governing the procurement function. Assists in the development and coordination of divisional and inter-departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
* Implements quality system by making recommendations to improve system, implement department level processes as well as overall regional office implementation.
* Directly manages various personnel functions, including, but not limited to, hiring, project staffing decisions, performance appraisal, salary position recommendations, and employee development.
* Conducts regular meetings with procurement specialists, project managers and project leaders of all disciplines to ensure open lines of communication across all disciplines within the regional operation.
* Attends and contributes to recurring global group meetings. Collaboratively works with other Procurement Managers on resource allocation, leveling and effort-sharing across the broader organization.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Supply Chain Management, Construction Management, Business Administration, or Engineering. Master's degree or MBA is preferred. APICS certification (CSCP or CPSM) preferred.
* A minimum of 10 years' experience in Supply Chain Management and Construction Administration.
* A minimum of 5 years management responsibility with a proven strategic management track record in procurement & contracts.
* Experience in Contract law.
* CSCP certification is a plus++. Procore proficiency is a plus+++.
* Procurement Manager must have working knowledge and be versed in Construction Law as it pertains to capital project contracting.
* Analytical thinking, structured problem-solving skills, superior communications and team-building skills and a strong work ethic. Must be able to build confidence and trust with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and colleagues at all levels in the organization.
* Ability to work with and manage clients, suppliers and subcontractors in a services-based industry while working within a center-led, regionally based highly matrixed organization. Effective communication skills particularly in negotiation and conflict resolution.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
* This position requires 25% travel to regional offices and client sites. Work environment is office-based either in regional office or at client sites (job trailers and/or client-supplied workstation). Position is required to maintain proficiency in OSHA regulations (must complete OSHA 10 training at minimum) via the IPS Learning Management System.
* This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is designated for field work and attends activities at client sites where they work in construction, process, packaging, manufacturing, research or other 'non-administrative' areas.
* Teamwork - Able to work with others towards a common goal and graciously share credit.
* Responsibility - Comfortable making decisions and taking ownership of their work.
* Commercial Awareness - Stays up to date with the industry and business in general. This includes marketing trends, customer demographics, technical advances, and the successes and failures of competitors.
* Decision Making - Able to make the best possible decisions in the shortest amount of time, by gathering information, seeking opinions, analyzing all possibilities and coming up with an effective solution.
* Communication - Able to convey information in a manner that is confident, professional and easy for others to understand, whatever their level. Good written, verbal, presentation and listening skills.
* Leadership - Can progress in their company and motivate others while building relationships and effectively managing conflict.
* Trustworthiness & Ethics - Able to build real relationships with clients, colleagues and subcontractors/suppliers/consultants, who will trust that they have their best interests at heart.
* Organizational Skills - Prioritizes workload, manages time effectively and demonstrates efficiency with resources available and monitoring progress.
* Technology - Understands and can utilize multiple ERP systems (SAP, Sage, Oracle, etc.) as well as standalone solutions (Procore, Ariba, K2Sourcing, Selectica, Prodagio, etc.).
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,500 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, Germany, United Kingdom and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.