Hourly and Live-In Caregivers/ Home Care Aides
Employment Type: Full-Time
You may think 'old' when you think of Institute on Aging (IOA) because we offer services for seniors and are a 40+ year institute…. but you wouldn't be more wrong. While we do have a long-standing history in California, IOA is on the forefront of revolutionary healthcare models, reshaping the way people can age in place. Our innovative models transform lives, enhance communities, and save healthcare systems millions of dollars. Rather than focusing on archaic outdated design, we strive to consistently question the 'status-quo' and create new and more innovative ways to help aging adults and adults with disabilities maintain their quality of life. With over 23 programs, we offer multiple ways to aid seniors maintain their health, well-being, independence and participation in the community, fulfilling our mission.
We serve a diverse population of older adults and disabled adults without regard to ethnicity, religion, sexual identity, or social status. We embrace the Bay area's vibrant and varied culture, celebrating the diversity of its inhabitants. We have a commitment to representing, honoring, and enhancing the journeys of all aging adults, including those from different cultural backgrounds as well as seniors within the LGBT community.
Under the direction and supervision of the Staffing and Client Service Managers, Home Care Aides provide direct services to older adults in their homes. Key tasks may include, but not limited to:
* Assistance with personal care, including bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting
* Driving or accompanying clients to shopping, errands or doctor's appointment
* Assistance with transfers, ambulation, or exercise
* Meal preparation including special diets and feeding assistance
* Light housekeeping, including vacuuming, dusting, laundry/linen changes and dishes
* Medication reminders
* Home Care Services Bureau (PER ID#) registration
* Livescan/Fingerprinting clearance; clean criminal background
* Current tuberculosis/TB clearance (either skin test, Xray or blood test)
* Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. (2 forms of I-9 Compliant IDs; examples: Driver's License, California ID, Social Security Card; US passport)
* English language proficiency is a must
* At least 1 year of (non-medical) professional experience caring for elderly or disabled adults and/or any related caregiving experience.
* Bilingual language proficiency in Tagalog, Spanish, Chinese or Russian languages
* Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) or Home Health Aides (HHA) are highly desirable but not required
* Basic computer skills are highly advantageous but not mandated
* Students and/or retirees of Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) and Registered Nurses (RN) backgrounds are also encouraged to apply
* Ability to lift 50lbs or more with proper use of body mechanics - training provided
* Ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, reach, bend, walk, maneuver, and reposition.
Part-Time, Full-Time, 12-Hour Shifts, Short Shifts, Weekends or Live-In. Services are provided 7 days a week.
NOTE: Your flexibility/availability increases chances for work.
San Francisco (its 5 major Districts) and the Peninsula - Central/downtown, Richmond, Sunset, Upper Market and beyond (south central) and Bernal Heights/Bayview and beyond (southeast). South San Francisco, Daly City, Pacifica, Half Moon Bay, Colma, Millbrae, Hillsborough, San Bruno, San Carlos, Burlingame, San Mateo, Foster City, Belmont, Brisbane, Redwood City, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Atherton.
We encourage you to learn more about IOA by visiting us here.
IOA reserves the right to adjust work hours or duties when appropriate.
Institute on Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Institute on Aging is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment and providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neuro-diversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.