Principal Visual Effects Artist
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are searching for a Principal Visual Effects Artist!
This individual will be responsible for blending significant industry experience, technical and artistic versatility to a variety of production tasks. Paramount to the role, a Principal artist is a primary driver of the development of new technology and workflows that push the studio and industry forward with exceptional visual effects technology and craftsmanship, allowing the team to create visually stunning work. The Principal Artist must possess the agility required to move quickly between technical and artistic challenges. In addition, the artist must use their experience to provide feedback, mentoring, and recommendations throughout the course of product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Creates visual effects pipelines, tools, and workflows that push the boundaries of real-time effect technology, that benefit the worldwide studios group.
* Works with Core team to identify the need for, implement, and test cutting edge new technologies for visual effects.
* Document new technologies, pipelines and workflows created for use by artists.
* Serves as a mentor for the art team, assisting in training while sharing techniques and workflow.
* Creates workflows and pipelines that enable the creation of pivotal content for new or existing properties.
* Provides detailed and relevant feedback across a variety of creative materials.
* Utilizes industry experience to provide clear recommendations on team structure, company policy, and artistic direction.
* Displays an expertise across a variety of technical visual effects tools and workflows including Houdini, Maya, Embergen, real-time engines, and similar technologies.
* Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Provide feedback, mentoring, and recommendations to art teams.
Education and/or Experience: At least 10 years of professional experience or training, or an equivalent amount of education and experience. Experience must include a focus on and expertise in creation of real time effects workflows.
* Expert understanding of Maya and visual effects packages, competent working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations.
* Advanced understanding of complex node-based shader networks such as those used in Unreal Editor 3.
* Understands HLSL and python.
* Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus.
* Must have the highest level of demonstrated ability with visual effects animation, color theory, anatomy, composition, design, perspective, lighting, and painting.
* Displays an ability to lead by example amidst artistic and technical challenges.
* Ability to create work seamlessly throughout a diverse selection of styles and sensibilities.
* Displays a proven track record of dependability, consistency, and high-quality work.
* Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
* Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
If this sounds like a good fit for your next career opportunity, please submit your resume and portfolio below. We look forward to reviewing your submissions!