Scientist, Liver Phenotypic Assay Group
Employment Type: Full-Time
The heart of insitro's strategy is the development of novel, cutting edge methods in machine learning and high-throughput biology that address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. To accomplish that, we are putting together a team of life scientists with expertise in cellular and biochemical assays. In this role, you will lead projects focused on identifying and validating intermediate phenotypes of disease processes. In collaboration with the Functional Genomics, Disease Modelling and Process Engineering groups, you will develop liver disease phenotypic assays to enable screening of chemical libraries and genetically modified cells. There will be the opportunity for career development and over time taking on the responsibility of target prosecution and the establishment of validated biomarker assays that can be used for IND applications and/or clinical development programs.
Your primary duties will be to:
* work on a team prosecuting target biologies in liver therapeutic areas, including lipid metabolism, cell death, inflammation and fibrosis;
* prototype, optimize and qualify in vitro cellular and molecular assays that model disease processes;
* partner with data scientists and machine learning experts to establish datasets that permit identification of latent features in high-content assays that can be used to predict results obtained from bespoke disease-specific assays;
* design, execute and analyze life-science experiments and present findings to project teams;
* work with automation and bioinformatics experts to implement robust and high throughput sample preparation, high content screening and data analysis workflows.
You will be joining a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but yet is very much in formation. A lot can change in this early and exciting phase, providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro's culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
* B.S., M.S. or recent PhD in technical field (molecular biology, cellular biology, etc.) or equivalent practical experience
* Broad experience with state-of-the-art cellular and molecular assays
* Experience culturing different cell types (primary, IPSC-derived and immortalized)
* Work experience in a role involving biomarker research or drug target identification desired
* Experience building or desire to collaborate with data scientists or computational biologists, engineers and experimental biologists
* Experience working as part of a high-performance team, including goal setting, and contributing to a culture of effective, high-quality methods development and reducing those methods to a practical implementation
* Familiarity with automated or semi-automated instrumentation, while not required, would be advantageous,
* Other criteria will include: a record of publications in a relevant scientific discipline; excellent teamwork, communication, time management and organization skills
* Passion for making a difference in the world
Benefits at insitro
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Open vacation policy
* Team lunches (catered daily)
* Commuter benefits
* Paid parental leave
insitro is a data-driven drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data generation at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and delivered to patients. insitro's approach focuses on the development of predictive machine learning models to be brought to bear on key bottlenecks in pharmaceutical R&D. The company has established enabling collaborations with Gilead in NASH and Bristol Myers Squibb in ALS. insitro is located in South San Francisco, CA and has been supported by top tech, biotech, and crossover investors since formation in 2018. For more information on insitro, please visit the company's website at www.insitro.com.