Primary Care Physician
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position reports to the Center Medical Director or the State Medical Director if no Center Medical Director in the location. Under the supervision of the Center Medical Director, this position is responsible for the medical care of InnovAge participants across a variety of settings, including but not limited to the ADHC clinic, participants' homes, the nursing home, assisted living facilities and personal care boarding homes. Direct hospital inpatient care is not required but close coordination of care with hospital based providers is essential.
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Primary Care
Estimated Percent of time Spent - (Approximately 90% of Time)
* Provide medical care to Innovage PACE participants, including the evaluation, diagnosis and management of their medical conditions, including but not limited to taking of a medical history, performance of physical examination, ordering and interpretation of diagnostic tests, formulation of an assessment of condition and a treatment plan, writing prescriptions, ongoing follow up of same, and management of medical information from specialists and hospital teams.
* Document medical care in the participant's medical record, in compliance with InnovAge PACE documentation policies. May include involvement with the establishment of electronic medical records and providing the Center Medical Director with input around needed ongoing EMR enhancements.
* Provide after-hours medical coverage as assigned by the Primary Care leadership structure to assure that a physician is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
* Participate within the interdisciplinary team in the formulation of Plans of Care for InnovAge PACE participants, as well as in other interdisciplinary team settings that further the care of InnovAge PACE participants.
* Contribute in the quality improvement initiatives of InnovAge PACE programs
* Presents input into, initiates and/or facilitates new medical programs and processes in support of InnovAge PACE's strategic goals.
Functional Category: Supervision
Estimated Percent of time Spent - (Approximately 10% of Time)
* Effectively supervises and manages direct reports and provides, by example and leadership, motivation and direction to employees of the organization.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable state and federal employment laws.
* Responsibilities include assistance in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
* Helps set the tone of the department to ensure morale, team work, and that the positive employment culture of the organization is maintained.
* Participates in Primary Care activities, including meetings, Peer reviews, Morbidity and Mortality, primary care initiatives and quality initiatives.
* Additional work functions and duties may be assigned
* Travel may be required
* Overnight travel may include local or out of state
* Travel to participant and potential participant homes and/or other off site locations
* Must be open to relocation based on business necessity
* Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy degree required.
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
* Current active state Medical License
* DEA number
* Adequate malpractice coverage
* Board Eligible or Certification required, If Board Eligible, certification required within 6 months
* Must not be on the preclusion list
Work Experience and Qualifications
* A minimum of one year working with the frail or elderly is required
* Postgraduate training in a primary care specialty, including but not limited to internal or family medicine and completion of post-residency training in geriatric medicine preferred, but not required.
M-F, 8-5 + shared/rotational call