Centrifugal Service Technician - California
Employment Type: Full-Time
This role is the primary service and maintenance contact for Ingersoll Rand customers in a defined market with a diverse commercial base including Process Manufacturing, Plastic Blowmolding, Power Generation facilities. In this extremely unique rolcan e you will be responsible for starting and commissioning new systems, diagnosing, and repair of compressed air and drying systems, utilizing knowledge of electronics, direct digital control, airflow, mechanical compression, refrigeration theory, and control and mechanical techniques in diverse commercial settings. Additionally, you would be expected to engage in retrofit and repair of centrifugal compressed air systems, utilizing knowledge of air compression theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. It serves to promote and maintain customer relationships through delivering world class customer service. Ingersoll Rand affords you the opportunity to work directly for a leading manufacturer giving you access to technical support, training on newest technology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity for growth.
Those with mechanical and electrical experience are encouraged to apply.
Please note this position is up to 90% travel.
* Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires, including up to 90% overnight travel depending on customer location and requirements.
* Establish & maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face
* Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
* Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer's location.
* Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as need or requested by customers. Communicate with Customer and or Project Manager inspection/service findings.
* Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining compressor facility layouts, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
* Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction to include training and follow-up training.
* Uses hand tools and software and technology, following schematics and engineered drawings or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
* Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
* Organizes and complies with all pertinent documentation needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to successfully manage the businesses required reports.
* Independently manages daily business needs by identifying parts to order for repairs and determines the urgency of the requirement.
* Keeps current on Ingersoll Rand products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of compressed air systems and PLC Controls.
* Initiates the direction of the customer to the appropriate sales contact as necessary.
* A High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in mechanical and/or control systems, or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience are required.
* Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
* Valid Driver's License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI's in previous 5 years.
* This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
* This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability and need assistance applying for a job please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.