SQL Database Administrator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Infosys is seeking SQL Server DBA. This role requires close partnership and collaboration with other Data Engineers and Subject Matter Experts. Essential Job Duties DBA Consultant having experience with Microsoft SQL Database Administration. The DBA needs to maintain best practices and collaborates with the architecture and application teams to set the technical vision and target architecture
* Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Long Beach, CA or be willing to relocate to the area. This position may require travel in the US
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education
* At least 4 years of Information Technology experience
* At least 4 years of experience in MS SQL server administration and maintenance
* Able to install and configure the MS SQL Server, configure the SQL clustering
* Able to do the capacity planning based on the growth pattern of the databases
* Have expert troubleshooting skills on the SQL Clustering environment
* Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise
* Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users)
* Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning.
* Backup and Restore on demand
* Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them
* Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication
* Should be well versed with the SQL replication functions and Change Data capture process
* Create and manage stats and indexes
* Ensure timely completion of the Databases regular refreshes keeping all the reporting environment in sync
* Manage production, QA and development database environments
* Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure
* Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies
* U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time
* Worked on the tools like Attunity, SolarWinds DPA and Delphix is an added advantage
* PowerShell programming
* Backup and restore tools like EMC Networker
* Planning and Co-ordination skills
* Good Communication and Analytical skills
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face.
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in 46 countries to navigate their digital transformation.
With over three decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
To learn more about Infosys and see our ideas in action please visit us at www.Infosys.com.
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin