Sr Android Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Infostretch is looking for a Sr Android Developer in San Francisco, CA.
As the Digital Technology Senior Android Mobile Developer, you will execute full stack mobile and responsive mobile web solutions for mobile banking clients.
* Perform full stack hands-on mobile development for native mobile app design and implementation on Android, including system analysis, test-driven application development, unit test, test automation, code review and application maintenance support.
* Code and ship complex new mobile features and apps.
* Establish and maintain strong partnerships with the business and product owners.
* Work with owners and system leads, including Vendor Solutions, to logically design and negotiate solutions and participate in long-term product planning.
* Ensure commitments are met while providing high-quality and cost-effective systems that meet client expectations.
* Adapt digital Agile approach and work with mobile vendor to implement the mobile solution.
* Keep up to date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment.
* Work with the application support team and external vendors to ensure all applications are supported according to their Service Level Agreements.
* Troubleshoot and fix issues in production and non-production environments.
* Work with server engineers to design API specs.
* Propose and implement process improvements to make our engineering team even better.
* Experience in native mobile app development on Android; and hands-on experience in Kotlin, Java RX and/or React native code to build front-end web or native application experiences
* Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
* Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
* Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
* Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
* A knack for benchmarking and optimization
* Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
* Familiarity with continuous integration
* Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
* Experience in test-driven development and test automation
* Attention to detail to carefully craft both tests and code
* Experience working with the Agile/scrum project management methodologies
* Backend web service and API knowledge
* Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills and an ability to multi-task in a deadline- oriented environment
* A willingness to learn new technology
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
* B.S. or higher in computer science or engineering