Employment Type: Full-Time
With the successful launch of SpatialOS to the gaming world, the popularity of our platform is growing. Our goal is to demonstrate the potential of the platform through our original IP game, leveraging SpatialOS and the Unreal Engine.
A Systems Programmer plays an instrumental role in bridging the development of the game with the capabilities of SpatialOS and Improbable's Unreal GDK. You understand the core concepts of SpatialOS and combines that knowledge with game development expertise to build innovative gameplay features and systems. You also help to drive the requirements of the platform by giving structured feedback on the process of using the technology and the challenges faced.
We'd like to hear from you
* Knowledge of game architectures and game development paradigms (e.g. entity component systems).
* Knowledge and working experience of game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, or CryEngine).
* Excellent communication and team skills
* Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders (e.g. producers, artists, designers).
* Ability to establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches.
* Ability to define and understand elements of game design documents and technical design documents.
* Experience breaking down the development of a system into a number of manageable tasks.
* Knowledge of implementing gameplay or elements of gameplay (e.g. combat mechanics, AI behaviours, pathfinding).
* Previous experience with shipping 2+ titles.
* Previous experience developing titles for desktop or console.
* Previous experience with implementing features for multiplayer games.
* A portfolio of projects/side projects.
While we think the above experience could be important, we're keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, 'onsite' interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Improbable Home Page
Jobs powered by