Employment Type: Full-Time
Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won't give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution-from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
* Prepare benchtop samples in support of formula iteration processes.
* Prepare, cook and serve food samples for sensory test panels.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace.
* Follow detailed written protocols.
* Program tests into sensory software.
* Organize and schedule sensory panelists.
* Export sensory and appearance data using Excel and report to team using an electronic lab notebook.
* Must demonstrate excellent record keeping and accountability.
* Participate in internal sensory panels.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* BS degree or equivalent.
* Full written and verbal fluency in English.
* Self-motivated individual with good communication skills with strong organizational skills.
* Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently and show flexibility with last-minute changes.
* Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, inventory, and accountability.
* Experience using computer for email, Microsoft office (specifically Excel), calendar and other programs.
* Ability to work independently and troubleshoot issues when applicable.
* Ability to work with diverse, dynamic team effectively.
* Kitchen or food prep experience desired.
* Experience with lab methods pH, moisture, rheological and mechanical measurements is a plus.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.