SQL Developer - Health Data Analytics
Employment Type: Full-Time
IMPAQ International, an affiliate of the American Institutes for Research, is a dynamic social science research firm, providing high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, quality measurement, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector.
IMPAQ's mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America's Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, a Bay Area office in Oakland, California and Seattle, Washington. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
The SQL Developer will be responsible for designing, developing and testing applications, databases, and reports that interface with the CMS Integrated Data Repository (IDR), similar databases (e.g. Master Data Management [MDM], Salesforce) and systems. This role will require a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product development. The SQL Developer will identify ways to develop, test, maintain, and improve mission-critical systems. The ideal candidate will be both proficient in SQL and Linux and have extensive experience working with claims data within the CMS IDR.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineer, or a related field required
* 5 + years of SQL
* 5 + years experience writing scripts in Linux
* Strong experience with relational database systems, including MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server
* Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
* SAS Business Intelligence, MicroStrategy, Tableau or other data visualization tool experience is a plus
* Experience analyzing CMS claims data within the IDR using Teradata is required
* Proficient understanding and use of code versioning and issue tracking tools such as Git or JIRA
* Familiarity with Teradata and understanding of virtual data mart and cube designs
* Ability to work within different IT infrastructures
* Excellent attention to detail, problem solving, and organizational skills
* Technical documentation writing skills and the ability to present ideas and concepts clearly
* Subject matter expert in the healthcare domain with the ability to problem solve and offer solutions
* Must be proactive and self-driven
* Ability to work with tight deadlines and prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-moving and high-stakes environment
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities if needed
This role is not responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
0 - 10%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
IMPAQ International adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
IMPAQ International is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
IMPAQ International's commitment to Diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations and work environment. Diversity is valued and Inclusion is reflected in all efforts to recruit, develop, and engage the diverse staff needed to accomplish our mission.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.