Staff Segment Marketing Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Staff Product Marketing Manager - Clinical Oncology is responsible for managing and driving outbound marketing activities for Illumina's portfolio in Clinical Oncology. This role will include building outbound marketing strategies and campaigns, prioritize suggested activities and drive efforts aligned to the company strategy for the market. The position will include coordination with all of Illumina's regional marketing teams and requires deep understanding of regional differences and healthcare systems. The person in this role will be a member of the team of segment marketing managers with a responsibility for oncologist-focused marketing and working with pharma partners to articulate the value of Illumina oncology testing. The role will include working cross functionally with different stakeholders internally to ensure that strategies are aligned across groups and executed in-step with other programs.
* Develops strategic plan for outbound communication for the Clinical Oncology group
* Develops positioning statements and outbound campaigns in collaboration with the team and functions across the organization.
* Responsible for global coordination of marketing activities and alignment to strategy.
* Responsible to drive the growth expected in the clinical oncology market and tracking of relevant business metrics.
* Contribute to the long-term product and marketing strategy for clinical oncology
* Attend key Oncology conferences and work with oncologists, diagnostic customers and KOLs to drive adoption of Illumina's Oncology portfolio
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
* Global travel to external conferences, internal meetings and customer meetings up to 25% of time
* Ability to present and influence at the Executive level, both internally and externally with customers, KOLs, etc.
* Ability to work collaboratively across functions in the organization, including (but not limited to) R&D, FP&A, Market Development, Product Management, Medical Affairs, Regional Marketing, Sales, and Corporate Support Functions.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
* BS or MS in scientific discipline required. MBA not necessary but preferred.
* 7 years of clinical product marketing experience and/or pharma oncology marketing experience preferred
* Proficiency in the rapidly evolving oncology market landscape, including pharma direction, diagnostic technologies, testing applications, and NGS utilization in these markets.
* Must have experience marketing to oncologists, laboratories, and patients.
* Must have strong analytical skills and ability to connect detailed analysis to larger strategy;
* Must have demonstrated effective collaboration in matrixed or highly cross-functional business settings;
* Must have demonstrated track record of delivering effective and strategic marketing plans for products on market;
* Experience with NGS markets, diagnostics and/or oncology product lines is strongly preferred.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf